Sign in to follow this  

09 530 EXC won't start

It cranks and cranks, plenty of fuel. I pulled the plug and it looks good. I should be able to check it by leaning it on the motor and crank the starter. I don't see a spark. I checked the fuses (2) by the air box, looks fine. Any thoughts. What else should I check? I had the headlight shroud pulled just before the problem.

First try the kickstarter. Then empty the gas and refill with some fresh stuff. A friend of mine was told by a ktm dealer the ethanol in the gas gums up real quick.

I read in the manual under trouble shooting and one cause was operator error. Well, they were right. I did a simple check and the kill switch went "click":doh: Well after putting everything back together it fired right up.

I read in the manual under trouble shooting and one cause was operator error. Well, they were right. I did a simple check and the kill switch went "click":doh: Well after putting everything back together it fired right up.

:p I did the same thing. I was riding with my daughter in front of me and she had it the switch. The bike died going down the trail. Drove me nuts