Sign in to follow this  

Thanks in advance for your feedback...

I THOUGHT that the previous owner of my 650L had done Dave's mods because he mentioned it when I bought the bike. Feeling really bored today, I decided to double check...so out came the carb today. The needle was shimmed with a washer, but the two holes were not drilled out - so I went ahead and drilled them. I checked the jets, and it has a 50 and a 155. So I guess I'll have to order the 55/158 that everyone recommends.

For the heck of it, I visited my local dealer website and checked out their parts list for this bike. It looks like they show a 150 and 152...so it seems like maybe the PO aleady went up on that jet.

My bike has a Uni and the snorkel is removed. Any thoughts on the jetting difference? Am I in for some more power?? (I'm hoping so). Also, where is the best place for me to get those jets from? Will my local dealer be able to help me? I don't want to spend a bunch of money buying a while jet kit if I can avoid it. Thanks much for your thoughts...

Eric

The KEIHIN part numbers are

99101-393 for the main

N424-26 for the pilot

• Like 1

Power increase is minimal but noticable. The popping on decel will be mostly eliminated. The really good thing about the jetting swap is the bike will run cooler, have better throttle response, and increase engine longevity. You might want to order a 160 main also, just in case you want a different exhaust down the road.

• Like 1

best place to get the jets would be www.jetsrus.com

+1. Ordered my jets last Sunday and got them on Thursday. Total with shipping came to like $16. I plan on doing Dave's mods within the next couple of weeks as soon as I have time.

Thanks a lot for the responses. I also pulled the carb on my son's CR80R and found that it needs to have some jetting changes made too. I called my local dealer today - they have all of the ones I need except for one. So on Thursday I should be able to pick them up. I'm looking forward to the running improvements and cooler engine temps too. Thanks again for your help everyone...