Sign in to follow this  

xr100 flywheel??

Anyone know where I can get one?? Thought I could use one off an xr80 but they are different...:p

I have one. I paid $50 for it. you can have that much plus shipping. (about $7 I guess) PM if your interested.

The year of my xr100 is 1985.

the difference in the xr80 flywheel that I see is the key and the timing marks are different. Same size key just off set. So I have an extra xr80 flywheel. The threads were stripped on the xr100 flywheel and we bent the crap out of it get it off with a different puller.. My engine is all rebuilt just waiting for a flywheel..:p

verify tdc on engine, align fly-wheel on crank with marks in correct location with no key-way on the crank.

Ya that looks like it might work but if I put both flywheels back to back and line the key ways up. The magnet inside the flywheels do not look like they line up the same? Will that make a difference? I know the marks are way off and was thinking about just scribing new ones on the xr80 flywheel. But I'm afraid to screw something up with my engine if it doesn't work.

just realized this was a points. i have the flywheel off my 90 100 i would sell. it has been lightened approx 16oz's.

verify tdc on engine, align fly-wheel on crank with marks in correct location with no key-way on the crank.

Are you saying put the xr80 flywheel on and line up the marks and just tighten up the net with now key way in at all??

Have you ever tried that?????

The cam inside the flywheel would be in the wrong spot from what I see..

I think I would rather do it right. I've come to far now to screw something up..

dont think it will work for a points ignition. i used a 50 flywheel on my cdi conversion cause i had it, installed using no keyway on crank. the taper holds, the key is just used for locating, i lined up where i wanted and smacked it with impact. so far so good. (some lapping compound on the crank wouldnt hurt)