Sign in to follow this  

terra flex tire

First lets start by telling you about me and my 400s. The bike is stock with 3x3x and rejet. I'm not a racer, more of a explorer. I keep geting flats in the middle of know where. I was woundering if my bike will be alright with the t flex. and do I need to put rim lock on with the t flex. Is the 110 as good as the 150. :p:ride:

You need to ask your self why your getting flats....too low of tire pressure?...bad rim strips?

In 10 yrs of riding I've had one flat...and it was from picking up a spike or nail.....

I actually bought the TFlex and never put on. The real TFlex 140, not the little 110 thing.

Some here use it but on a stock DRZ, if you are over about 175, You wont have the torque and HP to use it right. The 140 was designed for CR500's with killer powerband. If you ride your drz like an mxer and slide into corners and use the throttle to steer, you dont have the power to spin the tire.

My tire guy strongly recomended against it on my piped and jetted drz. He said I will just bog in the dirt. He has had several CR500s and always used the T flex on them with good results. If you just tractor around, you might be ok as some in this forum use it.

It is really big, heavy and loud on the road. You can also reverse it and recut the knobs. Search TeraFlex and there are several threads.

I buzzed through a 110 TFLEX on my 02 DRZ. The 110 offers plenty of traction and doesn't steal much hp. At the time I was doing alot of street riding and the tire chunked out and burned off more than 1/2 the tread in 3-4 hundred miles of highway.

I'm currently running a Pirelli MT43(Trials Tire) and MT16. I did alot of research on TT's and just had to try one out. So far it's a winner. I don't go out looking for lots of mud however.

I have the big one, I loved it. Sticks like glue (ie, max traction) to any surface, and could still tail-whip/slide through turns. Its a great trail tire, run-flat ability, but you probably won't like it if you're into speed, jumps, that sort of thing. Too heavy, throws the riding stance forward a bit b/c its oversize. You'll need a rimlock for sure, I did two so the balance would be right. Its sitting in my attic collecting dust as I've opted to go back to a 120 rear (I'm more of a MX rider :p), I'll make you a good deal on it if you wish so. Good luck :ride:

I buzzed through a 110 TFLEX on my 02 DRZ. The 110 offers plenty of traction and doesn't steal much hp. ...the tire chunked out and burned off more than 1/2 the tread in 3-4 hundred miles of highway.

I also ran the Type I treadstyle TerraFlex 110. Tire ran great for 1.5 trail riding seasons. But once the treads started to 'chunk' off... it went downhill quickly, ended up looking as if a pitbull used it as his chewtoy. I am now trying the Dunlup D952 rear and so far I am having great results and great tire wear going into the 2nd season with it on.