Sign in to follow this  

Measurements on new clutch plates and springs?

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone had measurements for...

1. The thickness of a new clutch plate (the fiber plate)

2. The length of a new spring?

Im trying to figure out how worn my clutch and springs are.

Also does anyone have the part number for a CRF250R yes R clutch spring pack... just the springs?

reason i ask for the R springs is they are supposedly stiffer than the X springs... and at the track id like my clutch to hook up a lil better.

book min service limits are:

spring 38mm, discs 2.85mm, plates .10mm

is your clutch slipping?

It slips when im hard on it every now and then... i took it apart and the springs are a lil short... like .25mm under 38mm

But the plates are all right round 3mm thick so the plates arnt below spec... but im trying to figure out how much they are worn from the original thickness to see if it just worth it to get a whole kit or just new springs. and out of currosity i would like to know the length of new springs.

Also am i right in thinking that the CRF250R clutch springs are STIFFER?

X 38.8 new

there are 3 r springs depending on year, all spec shorter than the x springs. Not sure what year is the stiffest, probably the shortest ones, but that's a guess.

new r springs,

37.1mm - '04

38.0mm - '05-'07

38.5mm - '08

cool thnx for the info.

would be interesting to find out which ones are the stiffest.... either way the springs on my x have definitely been compressed from the 5 yrs they have been in the bike.

Still lookin for the new thickness on the fiber plates.

Also can i buy just a single steel plate to add one in the pack to increase the preload on the springs?

you can use CR250 springs as well and they are stiffer

stiffer than crf250R springs? ... i dont want a crazy hard clutch pull but the stock springs on the x provide a retarded easy pull so there's a decent amount of room to go stiffer.

Ill call up honda today and see what they got.

Still looking for thickness of new clutch fiber plates.

im lookin at some EBC clutch springs... whats the EBC part number for a CRF250R? link me to some cheap places!

would some CRF450R EBC springs make the clutch pull insanely hard?

well i took a look at the fiber disks and steel disks in my dads hardly riden 04 crf250x (still has the original rear tire thats barly worn... maybe has 5 rides on it) and to my amazement my fiber disks and steel disks werent much more worn than his hardly used one... acording to my micrometer we are talkin about .0008 in of wear on the fiber disks on average... which is NIL!!!

so ill report back when i get my crf450r ebc springs.... ima scuff up all the steel disks and use the 450 springs... my clutch is gonna grab like no other!!!