Sign in to follow this  

Drz 400s full yosh,3x3 mod and???

Got an 08 400s bought yosh full exhaust. YOSHimura calls for a 145 main and a 25 pilot. They call for those jets with the airbox mod. The yosh instructions come with a template which is actually bigger than 3x3. They also call for that with the stock needle. I made the mistake of buying a DJ stage 1 and now realize i need bigger jets. I found a post on here where a 150 main was used with the DJ needle,but that bike had the mods i have as well as a hot cam. So the question is do i use the 150 main even if i only have exhaust, k&n,and 3x3 with stock cam? and also which pilot 22.5 or 25? if you could offer advise on a proven set of jets for this setup that would be great.

Ok im gonna be tired as hell been searching for around 5 hrs. Ive read tons of posts for DRZ400S jetting. The funny thing is i dont really feel any better or know any more than i did before. The advise on jetting from those in the know seems to change even though none of the variables change. EXAMPLES:(1)S model,DJ needle,clip 4,yosh full,3x3 sea level-3k. 160 main 22.5 pilot.(2) S model,DJ needle,clip 4,yosh full,3x3 elevation unknown 150 mj 25 pj.(3)ALL the same as above 142.5 mj 22.5 pj recommended.(4)All the same but a muzzy full instead of yosh and @ sealevel 142.5 mj 25 pj recommended. And last but not least 155 mj 25 pj. The 1st 4 examples are all recommendations from the same guru. I dont know who or what to believe! I guess 150 mj 25 pj clip on #4 of the DJ needle fuel air 2.75 turns will be my baseline.

the sm models like to be a little richer than the s models.type of pipe and elevation make a difference.as well as the type of riding and riding weather.you said you have a full yosh system but did not elaberate on which system.i would go with your baseline jetting and go for a rip and report back.