Sign in to follow this  

Brake lines

Are there companies out there that make steal braided brake lines for the dr650?

I'm using HEL steel brake hose for front and back

When you do it don't waste your $ on the "stainless steel" banjo bolts. I did and in 1 year they are rustier than the 7 year old stockers

My friend is third in charge of running the company at Goodridge and unless I have the correct size bango fittings he cant help me as the 05 dr650 is not in thier books. They are told by the manufactures what fitting and hoses to make. So I am ultimately looking for fitting sizes.

My friend is third in charge of running the company at Goodridge and unless I have the correct size bango fittings he cant help me as the 05 dr650 is not in thier books. They are told by the manufactures what fitting and hoses to make. So I am ultimately looking for fitting sizes.

The banjobolts is something Goodridge always seems to have a problem with. 3 sets to bikes out of 3 has been wrong in spite of correct model and year on the package. They tend to deliver the wrong threadtype, M10 * 1.00 instead of M10 * 1.25 to my DR. I use the original banjobolts and just use the brakeline as it really is that part I want. They are one of few that can deliver black steelbraided lines as a kit in my country. The 2005 uses the same bolts as 2001 = M10* 1.25 * 22 millimeters both at the caliper and at the master cylinder

The banjobolts is something Goodridge always seems to have a problem with. 3 sets to bikes out of 3 has been wrong in spite of correct model and year on the package. They tend to deliver the wrong threadtype, M10 * 1.00 instead of M10 * 1.25 to my DR. I use the original banjobolts and just use the brakeline as it really is that part I want. They are one of few that can deliver black steelbraided lines as a kit in my country. The 2005 uses the same bolts as 2001 = M10* 1.25 * 22 millimeters both at the caliper and at the master cylinder

Very nice on the sizes. Is that size good for the front and rear or just the front?

Very nice on the sizes. Is that size good for the front and rear or just the front?

It's the same part no in front and rear for 2001 and 2005 both at brake cylinders and calipers 09360-10042 BOLT, UNION (10X1.25X22). If you change both brakelines you'll need a total of 4 bolts the same size.

It's the same part no in front and rear for 2001 and 2005 both at brake cylinders and calipers 09360-10042 BOLT, UNION (10X1.25X22). If you change both brakelines you'll need a total of 4 bolts the same size.

you rock on the sizes :)

My local truck shop makes steel braided lines for any purpose and they are DOT approved. You just bring them the stock line and they make a steel exactly the same way, and its very cheap.

Was lookin at Goodridge web site and does anyone know if a 99-03 dr650 brake lines will fit a 05?

The lines ought to work as the original suzuki partnos is the same on the 2001 and 2005 year model. Front 59480-32E00 and rear 69480-32E00! A word of advice if you decide to buy. Make sure before you try to put in the new banjobolts that the threads are the same as on the originals. The bolt delivered with mine was not the correct ones.

My local truck shop makes steel braided lines for any purpose and they are DOT approved. You just bring them the stock line and they make a steel exactly the same way, and its very cheap.

good knowledge

i'll remember that

The lines ought to work as the original suzuki partnos is the same on the 2001 and 2005 year model. Front 59480-32E00 and rear 69480-32E00! A word of advice if you decide to buy. Make sure before you try to put in the new banjobolts that the threads are the same as on the originals. The bolt delivered with mine was not the correct ones.

I emailed my friend those part numbers so we will see what he can get tomorrow.