Sign in to follow this  

ICO Checkmate "Sensor Closed"

My screen always says sensor closed and my speed does not register. Any ideas?

My screen always says sensor closed and my speed does not register. Any ideas?

If you are running a NO (normally open) sensor at the wheel, everytime the magnet passes the sensor it closes. It should only close momentarily- a split second. Yours may be fubar. Is there a tech at ICO, who can tell you if the message refers to the wheel sensor??

Could be a short in the cable.

You may have pinched the wires that run from the wheel to the computer.

I did that somehow, like a fall or a tree limb.

Look at the cable for any deformations, then open up the cable and look for touching metal from some split wires.

The sensor closed sign goes off if I wiggle the wires coming out of the bottom of the checkmate.The tech said there is a loose connection in the checkmate so now I have to send it in for service. What I don't understand is why the speed still does not register when the sensor closed sign goes off. This is a major bummer as I was going to do the first enduro of the year this weekend.:p

That is the one thing I have found about the ICO's you have to make sure that the wires that come out of the unit and before the contection don't move when you are riding Or they break inside.

The sensor closed sign goes off if I wiggle the wires coming out of the bottom of the checkmate.The tech said there is a loose connection in the checkmate so now I have to send it in for service. What I don't understand is why the speed still does not register when the sensor closed sign goes off. This is a major bummer as I was going to do the first enduro of the year this weekend.:)

It needs to read the speed of the open close "pulse" from the sensor to register the speed/distance and when it loooses the pulse it stops reading