Sign in to follow this  

warp wheels

Thinking of buying a spare rear wheel for my 09 kx250f, I was wondering if anybody has tried the warp wheels, and how they stand up, the price is the best I can find.

Thanks

I have personally never seen a pair, but I remember MXA saying that they were good. They stood up to the abuse just fine. They just weren´t as "fancy" as some other (expensive) wheels...

A friend of mine has been using them for about 6 months on his YZ250. He really likes them.

Warp wheels spoke sets in my opinion suck. I laced a set of warp rims onto my 07 crf450r stock hubs and was breaking spokes at just about every race. I replaced them as they broke with OEM Honda spokes and problem eventually went away now those wheel sets are about 1/3 Honda spokes and 2/3rds Warp spokes.

Never heard/used them, always have rn oem DID and Excels, DID's are much stronger then the excels, but excel has the new A60 rims, im going to get those next. You get what you pay for

Warp wheels spoke sets in my opinion suck. I laced a set of warp rims onto my 07 crf450r stock hubs and was breaking spokes at just about every race. I replaced them as they broke with OEM Honda spokes and problem eventually went away now those wheel sets are about 1/3 Honda spokes and 2/3rds Warp spokes.

It probably had something to do with the way they were laced up. If you buy em already laced up you shouldn't have any problems.

could be that but out of 30 years of lacing up wheels it was a first. Never had any excels act up so I'm sticking with them

I have some warp 9 rims laced up to stock spokes and rims, they are pretty decent, I bought the bike used so they had some flat spots and curves in them. A little truing and spoke tensioning took care of most of it. Keep a good eye on your spoke tension and I would say you should be fine. They do seem a tad bit easier to bend than stock rims.