Sign in to follow this  

Saturday March 14th - sick as a dog story - NO GO

Good to hear you are back in the volunteer mode and gonna help out!

To All:

Volunteers are Needed for Trail Work on March 14, 2009 on the Georgetown Ranger District.

When: March 14, 2009, 8:30 AM

Where: Meeting place is the Georgetown Ranger Station, 7600 Wentworth Springs Road, Georgetown, CA 95634. Work project location is on the 1 Trail east of the Mace Mill Loop (3 Trail) and west of the Rock Creek Road (12 Road).

What to Bring: Bring work boots to wear with ankle support and good traction sole. Please wear long pants and bring a long sleeve shirt. Bring a lunch and water. A backpack for your food and drink is a good thing to have. If you have a favorite shovel or mattock, you are welcome to bring it, otherwise we will have loaner tools. Bring gloves, safety glasses and a hard hat. If you don’t have safety glasses or a hard hat, we will have loaners you can use.

What we will be doing: We plan to install landscaping block on a 100 foot long section of trail and work on trail tread and drainage structure repairs on the 1 Trail along Tobacco Gulch.

Please RSVP to Jon Jue at (530) 333-5550 or email: jjue@fs.fed.us by 3/12/2009 , so we can be sure to have enough equipment and tools to work on the project. Please contact him if you have any questions. If it is raining on 3/14, we will plan on postponing the workday to April 25. We also plan to have trail workday on April 25 if everything works for March 14. Thanks for your support.

Jon Jue, Resource Officer

Georgetown Ranger District

Eldorado National Forest

(530)333-5550

email: jjue@fs.fed.us

The start time is 10:00am for those that have a long drive ....bay area folks.

Ride on

Brewster

no I don't do volunteer work no mo. I'm going to ride.

Yea, I know. I was just yanking your chain. Try not to run the rest of us down when you pass though. Oh, and look for the trip wire!! (Did I say that out loud?)

who wants to work on a trail that later becomes a logging road, then be told we can't make improvements to bad trail sections without a environmental impact report.

fight the power, don't work for da man.

I'm hoping to get some riding in this weekend. If I don't end up in Nevada I might join you for this ride. I'll let you know for sure later in the week.

yeah I have been feeling sickly but Moonrocks may be good this weekend, unless it got snow that last storm, so westside GT is so close and its been a long while since I rode it. Its the safe bet for mee.

I'm going to hit the volunteer day than maybe a short ride on the new 300.

going with my neighbor and maybe my wife too, we'll be staging at DR about 10 am ish

I will be riding this week end -

NOT Working for the Feds that chose to listen to the Enviros and failed to see the diference between Rider Trail System Management and Logging Companies that Bull Doze their way through the forest using our trails as an easy point of access only to leave us in the dust.

Riders should NOT be doing the work for the Fed's - Take a stand and let them do the work - That is what they are paid for and they will soon forget what any riders have done in the past - their history speaks for itself.

That said - if while riding I come upon an obstacle I will remove it or ride around it if I can do so while "Treading Lightly".

I will be riding this week end -

NOT Working for the Feds that chose to listen to the Enviros and failed to see the diference between Rider Trail System Management and Logging Companies that Bull Doze their way through the forest using our trails as an easy point of access only to leave us in the dust.

Riders should NOT be doing the work for the Fed's - Take a stand and let them do the work - That is what they are paid for and they will soon forget what any riders have done in the past - their history speaks for itself.

That said - if while riding I come upon an obstacle I will remove it or ride around it if I can do so while "Treading Lightly".

Great Attitude:banghead: I love the If I can't get my way I'm going to quit and stand in the corner and cry thing that's been going on. If you don't like desicions the forest service makes do something about it, I know your going to say I tried or there's nothing I can do, But if people do nothing other than internet crying I can promise you things will get worse not better. If we where half as vigilant as the other side we would not be losing trails. Do you think if the Sierra Club see's something they don't like happening they are going to give up? The answer is no they will raise funds, file lawsuits, and get people to back there cause. You have no Idea what type of inroads you can make with the forest service by working with the on the ground guys doing trail maintence. The OHV community sucks at this.

FYI -

30 + year record of working with the Forest Service trying to "Do Something About It" and I am done with it.

Many of us, OHV Veterans, have already contributed thousands of hours of work in promoting responsible OHV and Trail Maintenance only to have the Fed's forget, ignore, impose Calendar Based Seasonal Closures (with No regard to actual Rainfall) and squeeze us into more limited riding areas as well as increase taxes and use our OHV funds for other overspent projects.

Enduro4fun -

I am happy to see that YOU are stepping up for the OHV cause.

Let's see what you can get done and how long you last.

Be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

Give us some examples of your personal effort to support your statement - "You have no Idea what type of inroads you can make with the forest service by working with the on the ground guys doing trail maintence"

Sorry if I am coming off as negative because I actually agree with your post for the most part BUT I don't take kindly to someone referring to me "crying and standing in the corner" after all my past effort.

Maybe you should do a little research and then apologise.

Here is just a small example of feedback comments from my last efforts working with the ForestService:

Tahoe Forest Plan... 12-29-2008 07:53 AM Thanks for taking the time to comment on the TNF DEIS

Tahoe Forest OHV Meeting 11-06-2008 06:57 PM keep up tha good work-AHP

Tahoe Forest OHV Meeting 11-03-2008 09:14 PM You da man!-Tks. 4 your hard work on the TNF

Tahoe Forest OHV Meeting 11-03-2008 04:20 PM Keep Up the good work...Wayne N

Tahoe Forest OHV Meeting 11-01-2008 01:00 PM Good work -

Tahoe Forest OHV Meeting 10-31-2008 10:40 AM Good work on the Tahoe NF DEIS

I am aware of your effort's with the TNF and it is appreciated. The crying comment was more of a observation of the general attitude toward the Forest service expressed on this forum. I know it's frustrating I've been Involved with the forest service for the last 12 years. The way we have been doing things is not working. We need to take a clue from the greenies. We need to make ourselves an asset, and fight these battles in court.

................ The way we have been doing things is not working. We need to take a clue from the greenies. We need to make ourselves an asset, and fight these battles in court.

Too bad our biggest advocacy group, you know the one we're always telling everyone to join and send money to, doesn't believe in that last part. It seems like they just want to play nice, wouldn't want to leave the wrong impression you know, not a single aggressive move against our losses (Clear Creek, Eldorado NF, etc), instead they just keep pushing the letter writing campaigns and telling how hard they are working "behind the scene". In the mean time the anti-access eco-nazi PR machine has the general public thinking they are the greatest, saving the planet from the likes of us nasty OHVers, and their continued first-strike lawsuits are shutting us down. :banghead: :banghead: :)

Oh yeah ............... Hey BigBob, I'm still not sure if I'll be at GT Saturday. I'll let you know tomorrow or Friday.

I still have a rotten cold, been sick 5 weeks now, neighbor drove off to the desert today, I may be too sick to ride will decide friday night.

yup BRC has done little legal action to fight recent california closures, I don't care about Clear Creek, you can't win against the great asbestos scare nazis in the federal gov't.,, but I think you could win against seasonal closures.

but basically it is a fantasy dream to ever WIN in COURT. becasue we are never going to Court. Whoever continues doing Volunteer work, that is great. I am not.

you cant win against global warming either, even though the polar ice cap on mars is melting too and 500 years ago they grew grapes in England, it was so warm. the demogods in the west and the democrats want power, they get it by controlling fear. they will never silence me, but i ain't gonna start no letter writing campaign either or expect some one to fight our fight.

It is so over. obama fights for women and young girls "rights" but he talks to the taliban. Its all Politics, lies and VOTES. The democrats want to be the women, minorities, peace, environment party, thats where the votes are. they make up lies and solutions.

we lose.

If I ever hit the lotto big I mean FU money, I'm going to become a lawyer and sue every enviro group for every stupid thing they do. Blueribbon thru us under the bus on the Eldorado thing.

I am sick again today, this ride is no go. I'm out.

somebody go ride whereever and have fun, as superposter says Spring is here.

SuperPoster? Dude.......... you got 12,000? Last time I looked you had 10,000. where you putting all those posts?

Town Square? Or are you trolling the Thumpette forum again?

Start a ride and then flake, post a ride and then flake, post a ride and then flake. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Let's get real profound here. Quote some Stones lyrics! I'll put in a request for some Bob Dillan. I like Bob Dillan. :)

What about YamiGinger? She gonna let you quit? She might just kick your @ss if you bail.