Sign in to follow this  

07-Stalls out after running for a few mins

I've got an 07 kxf250. I just put a Ti-4 exhaust on over the winter and fired it up today to take it for a teaser 1st ride as the temp was up today in Ontario. However, after taking it up and down the road (after proper warm up) it stalled out while shifting into 2nd gear twice.

I had trouble kicking it over and it almost felt like it was building compression. I checked all the valve clearances and they were perfect according to my manual.

I'm thinking maybe I should pull the carb and clean it as the main jet might be gummed after sitting over the winter but I also noticed today while checking valves that I may have carbon build up on the head, any ideas on why this is and how it might be effecting my bike? how to clean etc?

and lastly should I look into changing any of the jetting with the new pipe?

Thanks in advance,

K

I've got an 07 kxf250. I just put a Ti-4 exhaust on over the winter and fired it up today to take it for a teaser 1st ride as the temp was up today in Ontario. However, after taking it up and down the road (after proper warm up) it stalled out while shifting into 2nd gear twice.

I had trouble kicking it over and it almost felt like it was building compression. I checked all the valve clearances and they were perfect according to my manual.

I'm thinking maybe I should pull the carb and clean it as the main jet might be gummed after sitting over the winter but I also noticed today while checking valves that I may have carbon build up on the head, any ideas on why this is and how it might be effecting my bike? how to clean etc?

and lastly should I look into changing any of the jetting with the new pipe?

Thanks in advance,

K

Yes, start with cleaning out the carb. Also, you may have to adjust the fuel screw.

New fuel screw in and adjusted, cleaned carb, and still no luck! it starts and runs for a few minutes and then just stalls out (seems to happen when i'm on the throttle). I've had the clutch apart and checked the kickstart gears as I thought maybe something was broken but still no luck.

Anybody have any further insight?

Get some fresh fuel, put in a #45 pilot jet and adjust fuel screw 2 turns out.

Well thanks for the help guys, but this morning after putting it all back together, freshly cleaned carb and all the rest I'm pretty sure it blew...I've now reposted 'kickstart seized' Obviously my symptoms meant a deeper problem!

Well thanks for the help guys, but this morning after putting it all back together, freshly cleaned carb and all the rest I'm pretty sure it blew...I've now reposted 'kickstart seized' Obviously my symptoms meant a deeper problem!

Your auto decompression on the cam may have bailed.