Sign in to follow this  

Help Appreciated!

I'm looking for an exhaust for my 2008 XT250 and other than parts from Japan i haven't found one. So im looking to fabricate one... I've done some looking on the web and i found that the 2008 raptor 250 has a similar engine so could i get an aftermarket exhaust for the raptor and modify it to my bike? On that thought could i just get any 4-stroke exhaust and modify it to fit my bike? Would there be any negative effects to my bike?

It would be easier to modify an aftermarket exhaust from a different 4-stroke bike than to make the Raptor pipe work on your XT.

The gains to be had from a better flowing pipe on the little XT engine are going to be nominal though as this engine's limitations are in its design (low compression and only 2-valve SOHC).

a safer bet might be to remove the airbox lid and maybe even modify the airbox to get more air in, then remove the spark arrestor, gut the pipe and rejet the carb. This bike might even come with a catalytic converter. Removal of the converter and spark arrestor, plus the airbox mod and rejetting would definitely get more bang out of your ride, but as stated above, it's only going to do so much. I would try this though, before going through the agaony of fitting something else to it. That kind of operation will make you hate motorcycles by the time your done. I've been there & done that. Go with the exhaust/airbox, carb mod.