Sign in to follow this  

Question on racing

I ride a yz250f, but this weekend is going to be my first racing I am racing my 250 in c class. I am going to race an 85 also but Im not sure what class to race in. I don't to race in C and look like a jerk with a huge lead on everyone. But I don't want to race B or A and get rocked. So what class should I race the 85.

If you've never raced before I would definately ride C. If you're owning them just move up to B next race, chances are you'll have your hands full with C. The front running C guys are pretty quick, at least in our district.

K thanks that pretty much answered my question. I wasn't sure if you could switch classes after you registered. How do you switch? Do have to inform someone that you are switching, or can you just get up there and race?

agreed, and in our district, the 85s arent by skill but by age.but yeah definitely go with the easiest for the first race...for me it was really intiminating being on the line with 20 other bikes. after that i really didnt have to worry though because i was in the back the whole day...C class is pretty quick id say

Stupid question, but is there a D class?

depends on district. check your districts website or information pack when you signed up.

I ride a yz250f, but this weekend is going to be my first racing I am racing my 250 in c class. I am going to race an 85 also but Im not sure what class to race in. I don't to race in C and look like a jerk with a huge lead on everyone. But I don't want to race B or A and get rocked. So what class should I race the 85.

If your old enough to be on a 250f you most likely are going to have to race in 85sr. class on your 85. I think the age is like 12-15 for 85sr.

Stupid question, but is there a D class?

In our district, yes, but each racing organization runs different classes.

Some districts won't allow you to run C in one displacement and B in another. Check with the folks holding the race before you enter. I'd still say B class, if they don't prohibit class changing. You'll learn more by following fast guys than by leading slow guys. Just my .02 cents.

i cant beleive no one has mentioned this but if you enter the 250c class on a 250f you are going to make youself look like a complete tard. first because you will be running with the 250 smokers and 450 4 strokes, and second because you will probally get killed, not only because the bikes are faster but because they probally been riding longer....i wouldent worrey about winning your first race, go in the lowest class possible first time. its a nasty world out there when it comes to racing DBs

i cant beleive no one has mentioned this but if you enter the 250c class on a 250f you are going to make youself look like a complete tard. first because you will be running with the 250 smokers and 450 4 strokes, and second because you will probally get killed, not only because the bikes are faster but because they probally been riding longer....i wouldent worrey about winning your first race, go in the lowest class possible first time. its a nasty world out there when it comes to racing DBs

Classes now are 250 and 450, not 125 and 250...

At least here.

I hate to say it, but this is rather true. I don't know about your classes in illinois, but here in D5 lites C is pretty intense. Some of the districts in new york are also pretty hard. I'd say atleast go to a race and watch some of the classes before you run. If you're dominating C in your first race, more power to yah, but it's highly unlikely. Our classes are also "250" and "450" but the 250 class is referred to as the lites class as well. You can still run smokers in the "450" class. Now when I race outlaw stuff I run their "B" class which is kinda like a mix between D5's B and C classes.