Sign in to follow this  

Honda quad

Hi guys first post here and im pretty sure its in the wrong place. well i signed up because i have a question so please excuse my ignorance. I have a 300 fourtrax 4x4 its a 1999. this thing is a beast it was sitting out side in my yard for about half a year and i got the urge to get it fixed up and ride it. so i put it in my garage and put the jumper on it it starts right up first push on the electric start and idles until i shut it off. so thats good. I think i have electrical problem because when i reeve (sp?) the engine the head light dim out. what could cause this? I would appreciate the help. Again sorry for posting this in the wrong place you guys just seem to know your stuff here so i though i would give it a shot. :p

Steve_T,

Welcome to ThumperTalk!, you will find this forum to be helpful and brutally honest sometimes. Do your best to "stay above the fray" and as lond as you never attack someone personally (even if they attacked you first) you will be fine.

As far as your quad question goes, if you look into the Honda section, you will find a sub-section for "Honda ATV". Try posting this same question there and it should bare some fruit.

OK ~ Brian beat me by 1 minute!, and I was trying to help out!

i was going to post it there but i have to register there right?

Yes, but its fast. If we allow the ATV questions there, ATVTalk will grow much more slowly. If you'd take the time to create an account, I'd appreciate it. There are some very helpful riders over there for sure.

hey bryan i registered over there thanks for helping me out.