Sign in to follow this  

Even more YZ250 racers showing up

At the local mx race today more YZ250 riders came out of the woodwork. A few weeks ago it took me by surprise that many YZ two strokes lined up in the 250F class, but this weekend it was almost expected. What was surprising, again, was how other two smoke riders on RM and CR 250 models showed up in the 250F and even the Vet class. I can't remember the last time I saw a Honda CR250 two stroke.

Almost quiet in an eerie way hearing a YZ250 destroy a berm. :p

Still looking for a YZ125 pilot....but I guess on this hilly sand track they'd be at a disadvantage in most classes especially against a 250F.

People aren't dumb haha

Hopefully continues and shows the oems what people need to keep showing up

I agree, I hope these new rules bring back life in the R&D for Yamaha and to keep KTM focused as well. As time goes by KTM just gets closer and closer to the magic recipe to woo us YZ die hards to orange.

Years go by quickly, pretty soon the 05 CR will be over five years old, that 08 RM250, and 08 KX 250 close behind. More people will be forced to buy Yamaha or KTM soon to get that newer bike unless they go exotic (GG, TM, etc). I think that's why Yamaha is still making the YZ 250, they dont want to put in the R&D, but they want to keep making it to see where it goes, market wise.

I can't wait, in 2013 I can afford to get one of those nice new/old 2009 yz250 bikes. :ride:

In 2013, you can buy mine! :p

My Brother went to preped practice the other day and said alot of fast guys are on 250 smokers this year! about 50/50..BBRRAAPPP!!!!!

Same here. The fast guys were on 250 2T's! :)

BRAAP!

At the local mx race today more YZ250 riders came out of the woodwork. A few weeks ago it took me by surprise that many YZ two strokes lined up in the 250F class, but this weekend it was almost expected. What was surprising, again, was how other two smoke riders on RM and CR 250 models showed up in the 250F and even the Vet class. I can't remember the last time I saw a Honda CR250 two stroke.

Almost quiet in an eerie way hearing a YZ250 destroy a berm. :p

Still looking for a YZ125 pilot....but I guess on this hilly sand track they'd be at a disadvantage in most classes especially against a 250F.

seeing it around here every weekend...the 2 strokes are coming back alive :lol:

still a lot of 4 strokes here. which sucks for them i love my 250 2 smoke

yeah...still a lot of 4 strokes here to...it is nice to see 2 strokes coming back out to play afer a year or 2 of hardly seeing any 2 strokes...the ratio here is still probably ten 4 strokes to every 2 two strokes...im sure the 4 stroke is here to stay,but there are a lot of people wishing they never seen one either :banghead:

I think its coming down to this. Fast guys are realizing that they can earn

a pretty good pay check every week racing the 2 stroke. Less dollars on the

bike and more dollars in their pockets. Run your racing like a business would,

if your getting the product out the door with less money on machinery and man power, than your ahead. I see a lot of overhead with the 4 stroke.

They are having loads more fun with the 2 stroke.

i'll be getting a 2 smoke here in the next few weeks. Get more racing that way, and I put in a ton of seat time for a 4 stroke...even though I ride a yzf (best of the 4s). I think the 2 will be back.

I was a the Muddy Creek LL qualifier this past weekend and in the 250 B class the top 4 out of 5 were 2-strokes. I saw a few in the 450 class but they were struggling against the 450's.