Sign in to follow this  

magura clutch lever?

Hello,

I just got a '96 honda cr500 that has a magura clutch. I would like an extra lever for my spares kit and I think you boys are the ones who can tell me about it. I am unsure of my setup's age but I'm guessing about 5 yrs or so. Will any ktm magura lever fit?

thanks

j

it wont fit. KTM uses a hydraulic clutch ( smooth and easy) as opposed to the hondas cable system. we were able to swap my clutch lever (i have a rekluse) onto my brothers brake side last summer when he broke off the lever 15 miles out. it was bolted in upside down and adjusted all the way in. very little modulation as it was either on or off but it got him through the ride.

Joe

Hello,

I just got a '96 honda cr500 that has a magura clutch. I would like an extra lever for my spares kit and I think you boys are the ones who can tell me about it. I am unsure of my setup's age but I'm guessing about 5 yrs or so. Will any ktm magura lever fit?

thanks

j

good god can YOU guys read?

I can not tell you for certain put logic says It should, that would be a good call phone call for magura to answer.

for me I would give it a shot.

Most modern KTMs are running brimbo clutch set up. I thing 06 or so up to current models

good god can YOU guys read?

I can not tell you for certain put logic says It should, that would be a good call phone call for magura to answer.

for me I would give it a shot.

Most modern KTMs are running brimbo clutch set up. I thing 06 or so up to current models

HUH?? we can read ( way better than your spelling and composition skills). a HYDRAULIC clutch lever will not work for a CABLE activated system, no matter what brand ( Brembo, not brimbo)! :p older KTM's had the magura clutch.

Joe

thanks guys! yes its hydraulic. There are a couple on ebay that came off ktm, the lever looks the same and I can't think of why they would be differnt, so I'm gonna get one.

thanks

j

HUH?? we can read ( way better than your spelling and composition skills). a HYDRAULIC clutch lever will not work for a CABLE activated system, no matter what brand

Umm, yeah, but the OP said he had a magura clutch (hydraulic) on his bike, which is available as an aftermarket item. I'm pretty certain any magura lever will fit. I just bought one for $24 or so from rockymountainmc (sold for their aftermarket kits) and it fits the oem perch perfectly.

FWIW, 250-300 2-stroke switched to a brembo clutch in 2006-ish (edited after more info posted by ej92381), but the 200 still has the magura in 07 and 08, and I think even for 09.

I apologize for the statement about reading, it was just a test to see If there was any reading comprehension skills involved .:p

I apologize for the statement about reading, it was just a test to see If there was any reading comprehension skills involved .:banghead:

Apologies accepted:smirk: i figured that "good god...." had to come out of left field!!:)

Joe

Umm, yeah, but the OP said he had a magura clutch (hydraulic) on his bike, which is available as an aftermarket item. I'm pretty certain any magura lever will fit. I just bought one for $24 or so from rockymountainmc (sold for their aftermarket kits) and it fits the oem perch perfectly.

FWIW, 250-300 2-stroke switched to a brembo clutch in 2007, but the 200 still has the magura in 07 and 08, and I think even for 09.

OP said that he has a magura clutch, did not say it was hydraulic:p

Joe

Joe

specifics !!! MY wife Gets me ON that every time!:)

That's why I put the 'hydraulic' in parentheses. I think the OP may have assumed that we would all know he was talking about a magura hydraulic clutch, but apparently at least 1 person thought he had a magura cable clutch (something I've never seen, but perhaps they do actually exist).

Most European companies used to come stock with Magura CABLE clutches.

And I think the 09 450XCFs are still running Magura Hydraulic Clutches,(atleast up to 08 they were)

It seems like whatever they have laying around that day.

Most European bikes used to have them.

Ktm up to 97?

and Husaberg up to atleast 99'

magura.jpg

It looks pretty stupid when you bash people and your wrong.