Sign in to follow this  

aftermarket seat for the x?

hey guys i snapped my seat off on friday and was wondering if an R seat wil fit an x? if not does anyone have any recomendations on a replacement? i cant fix mine cause i snapped the mount on the bottom off. i also snapped my rear fender and busted my bars and handguard LOL it was a hell of a crash!

hey guys i snapped my seat off on friday and was wondering if an R seat wil fit an x? if not does anyone have any recomendations on a replacement? i cant fix mine cause i snapped the mount on the bottom off. i also snapped my rear fender and busted my bars and handguard LOL it was a hell of a crash!

The Thumpertalk store has a few seats

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/Plastics_Graphics_Seat_s/913.htm

You'll need the 450X pan. Best thing to do is buy a new OEM 450X seat then put new foam and a cover to your liking. SDG does not make a 450X seat and the R seat won't work on the 450X. When I trashed my 450X seat I bought a new OEM one. That's the seat I use and it works great. I'm putting a "tall seat" on the 450R though.

I damaged mine in a similar way... metal brackets/2 part epoxy and its still holding strong :p

ok thanks for the help, i was just looking for a cheaper way to replace it cause my dealer is saying 170 dollars, i split the plastic at the front of the seat the metal brackets on the back are fine but cant see a decent way to repair it. might be stuck paying 170!

ok thanks for the help, i was just looking for a cheaper way to replace it cause my dealer is saying 170 dollars, i split the plastic at the front of the seat the metal brackets on the back are fine but cant see a decent way to repair it. might be stuck paying 170!

i don't know what your broken seat looks like, but if you want a cheap repair, you can consider pop riveting a metal backing plate to the seat pan, under the foam...

ill give the repair idea a try today and let you know how it works, if im unsuccessful then i guess 170 bucks is what ill have to pay!

I have a 2005 CRF450x seat AND rear fender in mint condition... I upgraded to a tall seat cuz I'm, well, tall. :) Sent you a PM if you want it.

thanks for the offer mike ill pm you. however i did find a method of repair using a bracket from an asco solenoid from my work. it is almost identical in depth and width as the factory plastic clip on the bottom. still would be interested in your seat though, already have the rear fender and number plates coming but thanks!