Sign in to follow this  

CrossFit workouts

I was wondering how many people are using CrossFit as there main workout source for MX. I attended my first CrossFit Workshop this weekend and although the workouts that we did were very tough, I think that they may be helpful for MX. It seems that you are building your heartrate up fast just like a race and keeping it there for a period of time as well as strenghting your core muscles, which we all know are detrimental to MX. I was also thinking of adding a spin class in the morning for that little extra kick of cardio that you don't get with the CrossFit workouts.

This is just my personal opinion but I am looking for any opinions from those who have done the CrossFit workouts for a while and what your results were. I am not looking for negative opinions or someone trying to convince me that the old one body part a day routine is the way to go. I have tried that and don't feel that I am getting a workout that mirrors MX in anyway.

I have been using CrossFit as my PT program for just over three years, and I highly recommend it if your goals are increased general physical preparedness. The exercises translate very well to the demands of riding, as well as countless other activities. I have found the best results come from just following the WOD posted on CrossFit.com, as you become more experienced with it then work on your weaknesses. Definitely scale the workouts down at first, but always go at them 100%, treat them like a race. Definetly take the time to learn the movements, I learned from watching the vids posted on Crossfit.com, but going to a Crossfit gym would be quicker.

Crossfit works great for MX training. I think it is a bit light on cardio if you are racing longer than 15 minute motos, but the general strength and conditioning are excellent for athletic goals.

So, +1 on Crossfit and how effective it is.

Mark

Crossfit is great. Not just for Moto but for overall health and wellness. Make sure you check in on their forum too. Very motivating. I dont know why people buy P 90X when you can get a Crossfit for free and not spend a dime on equiptment.

+1 for Crossfit... I've only been into it for 2 months though, but it's a tough workout, but fun at the same time.

Can you do the Crossfit workout at home or do you have to go to the gym? I was on the website but didnt really see any type of outline to the workout.

Can you do the Crossfit workout at home or do you have to go to the gym? I was on the website but didnt really see any type of outline to the workout.

The front page, in the center is the workout of the day. Every day is a new one, just scroll down to see the last few days in order. Look in the video library for demos of all the exercises. If they have an unusual exercise, they may link directly to it in the WoD but they are all in the video library.

Many of the workouts can be done at home. I workout at home and have an olympic barbell set, a power frame with pull up bar, dip rack, flat/decline bench and a bike. That covers about 90% of the stuff they do. In the FAQ section they offer alternatives to many of the exercises if you don't have the setup you need.

Mark

So how many of you using CrossFit are over 50?

I'm 53 and am going to start once my work schedule changes.

Crossfit.com?????Right????

Yes...

I have been doing crossfit for about 5 months, the gains in endurance and strength are awesome. Make sure you keep a log book of the WOD's so when you beat your old Mr. Joshua time by 5 minutes you can see the improvement.

Regards, :thumbsup:

Congratulations and good luck.

I have been into Crossfit for over 2 yrs now, crossfitrochester.com. I think it's awesome for motocross. We have a workout called dumbell moto. I'm to tired from today's workout (22,16,10 reps - 135# lunges, handstand pushups) to type it out right now but it's a good similation.

I did crossfit for several months and am now doing P90X. I like p90x because the intensity is similar to the WOD except it seems to last longer with 1-1.5 hr workouts vs crossfit where I was often done in 30 minutes. The increased time doesn't necessarily correlate to better results but I feel like I get a more prolonged high intensity workout. Also with p90x you get the yoga and stretching routines which I had never integrated into a workout program and I think will translate into much better injury prevention. All in all they are both great workout programs, choose your pleasure or pain which ever way you see it.

I started P90x last year and it works. Now I use some of the workouts and P90x plus. The interval DVD is really good.

Congratulations and good luck.

I have been into Crossfit for over 2 yrs now, crossfitrochester.com. I think it's awesome for motocross. We have a workout called dumbell moto. I'm to tired from today's workout (22,16,10 reps - 135# lunges, handstand pushups) to type it out right now but it's a good similation.

Chrome Speedo, what is this dumbell moto workout that you speak of??? What does it consist of?

Extraordinary moto guy Joe Celso actually made this up before opening CrossfitRochester.com.

A pair of dumbells usually 15, 20, or 25.

Complete the following for "1 lap".

15 Push Press

15 Hang High Pull

15 Dead Lift

15 Bent Row

15 Push Up

15 Lunge

Don't forget it's a race!

Letting go of the dumbells equals 10 burpee penalty.

Extraordinary moto guy Joe Celso actually made this up before opening CrossfitRochester.com.

A pair of dumbells usually 15, 20, or 25.

Complete the following for "1 lap".

15 Push Press

15 Hang High Pull

15 Dead Lift

15 Bent Row

15 Push Up

15 Lunge

Don't forget it's a race!

Letting go of the dumbells equals 10 burpee penalty.

Is the Hang High Pull similar to the Sumo deadlift motion up to your chest, keeping your elbows above the dumbells? How many laps do you do? That looks like a good one to add to my list.

Mark

I would assume that would be a Sumo Deadlift High Pull. Also, what do you do with the dumbbells when you are doing the push-ups?

I was also curious about how many laps to do. It looks like it may be just one.? Chrome Speedo what is the answer?

The workout looks great, thank you.