Sign in to follow this  

The Unofficial 'I did it again' thread

So today....oooh today...I managed to drown my KLX. Again. For the second time, in less than six months. Oooh....I'm so depressed...

Someone make me feel better by telling your story of something detrimental you've done twice!

Since I put my sm wheels on, my kick stand is a little too long and it likes to tip over in the wind. im on my second set of handle pars in less than a week, good thing I buy cheap bars. Next step is to shorten the kick stand a little.

So today....oooh today...I managed to drown my KLX. Again. For the second time, in less than six months. Oooh....I'm so depressed...

Someone make me feel better by telling your story of something detrimental you've done twice!

Made fun of a friend who wouldn't jump a little eight foot ditch at our riding area. He says: "Show me the way, jackass." So I roll up on this tiny gap, grab a handfull and sit to seat bounce over. But the ground was frozen, so the rear tire just spins up John Force style, and I end up nose down full out panic rev, clearing about six of the required eight feet. Ate s__t and got up embarassed as possible. My friend is laughing is a__ off and trying to sound concerned about my well-being.

So, to show him it was a fluke, I pick up my junk and try again. I'm really pissed this time, so I start back about twenty feet from the face, pin the loud handle in second gear and drop on the seat for the bounce. Only this time, perfect traction, and a massive loop out before I even get to the face. I'm on my back, on this side of the jump, praying for a bolt of lightning to put me out of my misery, and my bike actually clears the gap, falling over on the other side of the ditch. My friend is now crying, he's laughing so hard. I mean pants-peeing funny. :p

Made fun of a friend who wouldn't jump a little eight foot ditch at our riding area. He says: "Show me the way, jackass." So I roll up on this tiny gap, grab a handfull and sit to seat bounce over. But the ground was frozen, so the rear tire just spins up John Force style, and I end up nose down full out panic rev, clearing about six of the required eight feet. Ate s__t and got up embarassed as possible. My friend is laughing is a__ off and trying to sound concerned about my well-being.

So, to show him it was a fluke, I pick up my junk and try again. I'm really pissed this time, so I start back about twenty feet from the face, pin the loud handle in second gear and drop on the seat for the bounce. Only this time, perfect traction, and a massive loop out before I even get to the face. I'm on my back, on this side of the jump, praying for a bolt of lightning to put me out of my misery, and my bike actually clears the gap, falling over on the other side of the ditch. My friend is now crying, he's laughing so hard. I mean pants-peeing funny. :p

Thats funny as hell, We need a video. I did nearly the same thing only it was a 15 foot hill that was slick I hit it fast ate shit 2 feet up it and then hit it faster and slid off my bike about 2 feet from the top and launched my bike about 10 feet. Pride was the only thing hurt on and I tried it again and spun out taking off and fell over going 4 to 5 mph. Gave up after that. Afyer 6 hours of single track on DRZ as a new rider I was done.

bionic, funny as shit. Especially since you did it twice. I wouda died man

I've got a story where I got pretty *ucked up but it does NOT involve bikes so if yall wanna hear it, let me know. Otherwise, I'll respect the thread and won't post it.

Come to think of it, I DO have a story on a street bike but I dont' think anyone will believe it. Kinda like my chasin' tail stories, no one believes me :p

How did you manage this one, and where are the pics?

Did the same thing as last time....ride big or go home, right? I rode real big, and got to go home real quick. Lol.

I have a yosh offroad full exhaust, header pipe isn't sealed against the damn port. Tried to launch through a mudhole which I wasn't expecting to be quite as deep as it was, and quickly got stuck in water up to the bottom of the airbox (exhaust port above water). Thought I was fine this time (last time the port was underwater) and turned it off to take a breather....yeah, still haven't figured out how it got in again, but I've got plenty of time to think about how I should NEVER, EVER turn the bike off when I get it stuck. F*%$#!#$%^&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bionic, funny as shit. Especially since you did it twice. I wouda died man

I've got a story where I got pretty *ucked up but it does NOT involve bikes so if yall wanna hear it, let me know. Otherwise, I'll respect the thread and won't post it.

Come to think of it, I DO have a story on a street bike but I dont' think anyone will believe it. Kinda like my chasin' tail stories, no one believes me :p

Let's hear it, I'm game :ride:

So, what happens or what do you do when this happens? Does it get in the cylinder or not and does it damage the bike?

Hey, let's see some pics of the KLX, I want on myself as I like the green better than the suzi colors :moon:

Alright, I got bashed for too many replies so I'm editing this one with the request for the story.

This is many years ago in Sweden. I'm around 14 or so I'm thinking. I was in I guess the equivalent of ROTC. You know, shooting and camping and doing soldery stuff.

Well, we were somewhere in baracks over the weekend and the last day, we had to run around in the woods with a map, trying to find our way home.

This is actually a sport in Europe but not sure if you have it here or what it's called. So, it's a really shitty day, semi cold and rain drizzling and I'm one of the last guys out. I suck at this map thing and not too fond of running around either.

So, I take off and after maybe half a mile or a mile, I come to a ditch, not too damn wide but still. I pick up speed (I was pretty fast at short distances) so I am sure to cross it and as I hurl myself across, I hit this rusty barb wire which I had not seen (prolly 'cause it was rusty) and now I go head first into the ditch at full speed and prolly even faster 'cause the wire hit me right across the legs.

Well, some jackass had cut this bush at the bottom of the ditch and cut it real short and this was exactly where I landed, NOSE first and got one of them really short and strong branches, RIGHT UP MY NOSE. Yes, INSIDE the nose.

Now I'm bleeding like a stuck pig through the nose and bleeding from the leg. Leg didn't bother me but the nose was killing my ass. If you know how much getting punched on the nose hurts, try getting a stick crammed inside it.

So, I turn around and walk back to the start to get a ride back to the barracks and guess what? No one there. They had all left :p

So, I get to walk 3-4 miles to the barracks in the pissy weather, but wait, there's more.

Now I'm sitting there bitchin' about my nose but not only is there no doctor, NO meducin and not even ONE pain killer. Needless to say, the Swedes unlike the Americans, ain't worried about getting sued by the parents, hehehe

I finally get this captain or something that fishes up some half dissolved pills from his pocket which he gives to me with the words, I think these are pain killers :moon:

Well, not only did they not help, but I got a heartburn or something out of them.

Now I'm sitting with tremendous pain in the schnaz and a concussion (which I found out later) and on top of that, the stinkin' pills screwed me up even more.

Well, we finally get home in the evening and we're dropped off at the military base. So, i go to call my parents and guess what, no one home.

So, I now had to walk another couple of miles with a backpack and with a concussion. I finally get home and my dad who was a doctor calls to see if I made it home and of course, I told him what happened and he took me to the hospital to have me checked out and they gave me a rabies shot :lol: and diagnosed me with a concussion.

Ah, good ol' days :ride:

i've only sunk mine once but it was recently and i was riding by myself. so no one around to help, i got to push it out all by myself. a little over 2 miles.

i drained the water in the carb on the trail but the problem was the water in the exhaust. i didn't have an extension to remove the headpipe. once i got home and removed it about a cup of water dumped out. ran fine after that. i now have an extension with my riding tools

So, what happens or what do you do when this happens? Does it get in the cylinder or not and does it damage the bike?

Uh, don't want to speak false information here, but from my interpretation of others on this subject, you can do one of three things depending on severity - (1) run it anyway (not advised, of course:)), (2) drain/replace oil and run for a few minutes, repeat several times till the oil comes out clean, then change again several more times in 50 mile intervals, and (3) teardown, replace parts/clean as needed, and rebuild. I suggest the latter, since it's a sure-fire way of knowing instead of guessing how bad it is. While these engines can take a beating and keep going, even minor damage to high-tolerance parts (i.e. bearings) will degrade the life of the motor. As it was said to me, 'are you a gambling man?' Yes, only when I've got the ace in my sleeve :p

Someone here called it hydroshock or something. I can't see it being too good for the engine though so bottom line, if it is as bad as I'm led to believe, why do people even risk it? ESPECIALLY in the middle of nowhere?

There's no way in hell I'm pushing a bike a mile or two. Not if it's anything like my old CR500R. Even in neutral that thing barely budged (not sure why but I seem to recall it being VERY heavy to push and I WAS strong in those days??)

i didn't have a choice in pushing the bike, it wouldn't run. i'm sure as hell not just walking out without it. by the way it was an older xr400 so yes it was heavy as hell.

that's what I'm saying, I wouldn't have made it. I woulda died there with the bike next to me in a big fat heart attack