Sign in to follow this  

carpal tunnel surgery/racing

I am currently experiencing pain and problems in both hands. I have had minor discomfort for years. I have recently taken a job that has really taken the pain and discomfort to new levels. I have veteran medical benifits but have little faith they will provide any service for me because the Dallas VA Medical Center is PATHETIC. Has anyone had the condition/surgery and what were the results. Does anyone know what the surgery costs? What is the recovery time? Thanks

Three week recovery to racing.

Cash pay drive out is about $6000

I've had it done on both wrist, suffered for years with numbness. The results have been great, forgot what it was like to ride and be able to feel what is going on with my hands. Should have done it sooner.

Does the surgery eliminate the problem for good? If you continue strenuous routines will the problem return?

A good surgeon will eliminate the problem for good.

I have never had somone who didnt' have resolution of the problem after surgery.

Dr Mark,

I realize I need to get in to see a doctor about this but I am courious. I have been experiencing the normal symptons for carp tunel for some time. Recently, in addition to the increased pain, my fingers have started locking up. Is this possibly linked to carp tunnel or is it simply from them being overworked. This is everyday, not race related. Thanks