Sign in to follow this  

Basic clicker adjustments..

So im wondering from you suspension gurus on here what you do in certain situations..Im just looking for some basic adjustments..

I have a 09 kx450 its valved has correct springs and correct sag..I check my sag often and im at about 105mm..Today the track I rode was nice and tacky until noon and as it dried out the braking bumps coming into the corners from straights and braking bumps coming into the corners from landing off jumps were hard and pretty big..

I was death gripping my bike trying to hold on.. It was not really kicking just not soaking up like I want it too..That said would you

1. stiffen up the compression

2. soften the compression so it goes through the stroke more/but then might take away from bottoming..

3.slow down the rebound (turning in on the adjuster)

4. do both

5. adjust the sag differently from morning to afternoon as the track gets really rough and bumpy.. Most tracks I ride get pretty rough ie Hangtown with potholes and deep ruts.. I feel like im gripping so hard to hold on..

6. take 15 potassium pills lol

So what is it, what do you do when the track gets super bumpy and sqaure edged?

It's hard to say not knowing who did what to your forks. The obvious answer would be to soften them up or turn the clickers out both comp and reb. But sometimes that doesn't always work. I would suggest trying both way's, stiffer and softer and see what happens.

do you have a cable tie on the forks to see how much travel you are using?

So im wondering from you suspension gurus on here what you do in certain situations..Im just looking for some basic adjustments..

I have a 09 kx450 its valved has correct springs and correct sag..I check my sag often and im at about 105mm..Today the track I rode was nice and tacky until noon and as it dried out the braking bumps coming into the corners from straights and braking bumps coming into the corners from landing off jumps were hard and pretty big..

I was death gripping my bike trying to hold on.. It was not really kicking just not soaking up like I want it too..That said would you

1. stiffen up the compression

2. soften the compression so it goes through the stroke more/but then might take away from bottoming..

3.slow down the rebound (turning in on the adjuster)

4. do both

5. adjust the sag differently from morning to afternoon as the track gets really rough and bumpy.. Most tracks I ride get pretty rough ie Hangtown with potholes and deep ruts.. I feel like im gripping so hard to hold on..

6. take 15 potassium pills lol

So what is it, what do you do when the track gets super bumpy and sqaure edged?

Was the bike deflecting off the bumps (swapping etc)? If so it could be caused by the suspension packing down and not returning to full extension fast enough, in which case you may want to try speeding up the rebound. That is the first thing i would try.

Did RG3 revalve your stuff? You may want to ask them for some friendly advice while your at it too, let me know how it goes as i am considering using them or factory connection on my next bike.