Sign in to follow this  

250 EXC Pipe and Bars HELP!

Ok, heres the deal I checked my reeds, cleaned the carb piece by piece and leveled my floats at 60 degrees. Everything in the carb is now to stock specs jets and all. After doing all of this it still feels a little weak on the bottom end, would a crack in the pipe have anything to do with this, its a long one but its only a hairline crack? Also I have TAG bars on my bike and I was wondering how to figure out which size bark busters to get (7/8 or 1 1/8)

Thanks

Ok, heres the deal I checked my reeds, cleaned the carb piece by piece and leveled my floats at 60 degrees. Everything in the carb is now to stock specs jets and all. After doing all of this it still feels a little weak on the bottom end, would a crack in the pipe have anything to do with this, its a long one but its only a hairline crack? Also I have TAG bars on my bike and I was wondering how to figure out which size bark busters to get (7/8 or 1 1/8)

Thanks

what year bike?

if it's less than 8 years old or so, it will have 1 1/8" bars.

The bike is actually a 2000 and the bars look pretty big but I am not positive how big.

The bike is actually a 2000 and the bars look pretty big but I am not positive how big.

if the bars are fat where they mount with no crossbar, then they are 11/8, pretty simple.

what do you mean by weak? how's the mech condition? from the info stated, sounds like jetting.

I always heard KTM were notorious for monster bottom end power and when I let out my clutch to take off it kind of hesitates like it is almost stalling and if I am creeping along slow I notice it pretty much there to. As I said before though the pipe is a little beat up and has a crack in it. But the jetting seems pretty good, the plug is always tan.