Sign in to follow this  

Aussie WR250f mods

I've got an 06 WR250f that i've been told by the original owner is stock as a rock. I want to do the free mods like grey wire, throttle stop and exhaust baffle and also re-jet with a JD Jet Kit.

Can anyone tell me if the above mods apply to the Aussie model as all the info i've found states its the US model? And i've been told Aussie models don't even have the grey wire.

Would love some help, i'm on holidays next week and want to get stuck into it.

Hey Bluntman, Grey wire is as per US models. Throttle stop would most likely have been done at the dealer. Easy to test, if you can do more than 60km/h it has been done! As far as the exhaust baffle, I have the 1" GYTR insert and had it rejetted and it is great.

To be honest I haven't done the grey wire mod and I haven't checked to see whether it was done before I bought the bike. I have heard mixed reports on it in Aus, some blokes reckon it works a treat but others say it makes no difference. I might not worry about it.

Thanks ECKS Man. I have been told that same thing about the grey wire which I find pretty werid. I haven't heard about the 1" GYTR insert, is that a different tip for the standard exhaust?

I've just ordered the JD jet kit so hopefully with that and these mods I can get a bit more punch out of the little girl.

Sorry pretty new to off road bikes so learning alot.

Yeah mate, the 1" GYTR insert replaces the stocker. You'll need a rejet afterwards. Worth doing, not too loud but helps power nicely.