Sign in to follow this  

SUN and fun at Mattawa on 3/7

While western WA was getting rain and snow on saturday....a bunch of us were riding Mattawa and were "showered" in sun. great ride, no mishaps ( one flat in the group), and we saw many old friends there. the ride back over the pass and into the storm was a stark contrast to say the least!

Joe

mattawa09001.jpg

mattawa09011.jpg

mattawa09013.jpg

mattawa09008.jpg

Great pictures thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun "go fast" place. A friend of mine raced their years back and said it was crazy.

great ride, no mishaps (1 flat tire in the group)

I got a good laugh at this. :p

Geez Joe...do you think you could get a little more orange on...maybe some orange facial war paint? Just kidding! How's that new 300 treating you? I'll text message you my schedule so I can get in on some of this action (looks like fun)...snowboarding season is almost over!

David

Geez Joe...do you think you could get a little more orange on...maybe some orange facial war paint? Just kidding! How's that new 300 treating you? I'll text message you my schedule so I can get in on some of this action (looks like fun)...snowboarding season is almost over!

David

talk to me in 25 years when you have ridden huskies for that long. when you ride KTM for the last quarter century (!!!) you tend to collect just a "tad bit" of orange.:p:ride:

Joe

It was really nice seeing so many old friends Saturday. Joe, Russ, Jeremy, Scott and some others that I met for the first time briefly. It was a beautiful day to ride until the winds gained enough velocity to pick up the sand. The sand got into everything including our smiling teeth as we were riding. We all need a little grit in our lives.

Jay and I rode alone. We had planned on just putting around and doing all the technical ravines. Didn't go to the cabin but we did ride cross country looking for places to break some new ground in. By the end of the day we had only done 30 miles. We knew that would be too slow a pace for speed freaks like Russ, Joe, Scott and Jeremy. We stopped down in one deep ravine and got off our bikes sat down and just talked for about 30 minutes. We could hear the wind howling above us but we were protected from it. Not one rider made their way down that ravine while we sat there talking. Jay and I generally talk religion and politics as it relates to whats happening in our country. You know, just light discussion on neutral subjects :ride: .

After Jay had left and while Scott, Jeremy and I were loading up and getting ready to leave a fellow showed up at the staging area who was lost. He had staged out of the dunes down by the Highway and didn't know how to get back. After trying to explain to him the route back to his trucks it became appearant that he would most likely get lost trying to find his way out. So Jeremy volunteered to drive him back to his staging area. He loaded his bike into Jeremy's truck. This is what happens when folks get separated from their riding buddies in a strange area. We all have been there at least once in our lives. Thank you Jeremy for rescuing this guy. By the way Jeremy, you did not miss anything. That Mexican Restaurant was nothing special which is most likely why we did not find Russ and the guys there. I imagine they went to Cle Elum to El Caporal.

I only took four pictures of our ride. Here they are:

Jay coming up the first of the Legal Eastern Ravines:

488148171_rRc2i-X2.jpg

Jay negotiating one of the smaller step ups:

488146747_zzoou-X3.jpg

488147308_N9Mwb-X3.jpg

Finally a cross country route to get from here to there:

488146817_eubch-X3.jpg

Another nice time riding :p

Looks exactly like our Sunday ride...

488104328_2zUiy-L.jpg

Good to hear I didn't miss much at the restaurant. Had I stopped, I may not have made it over the pass before it closed for avalanche control.

Jeremy