Sign in to follow this  

Does Yamaha ,have a "150R" on the drawing table

Just wondered if any hears of Yamaha ,Suzuki or Kawasaki have a "150R" beater on the drawing boards? I cant believe they will continue the small two strokes forever,or will they?

With our helpful govt. banning bikes and atvs left and right, I doubt any other of the big four are interested in pushing big money into the r and d department for the next generation of mini-racers. Why spend money doing something the lunatics in DC might ban the day after you finish your production run?

I honestly doubt its on the board right now. Can still only run the 150 in supermini and its not doing that great really.

I just assumed (which you should never do) that with all the larger 2 strokes going bye bye the smaller ones would be next? Everything from snowmobiles to chainsaws and weed eaters seem to be going 4 stroke.The 150R's been out for 2 years and this smaller bike ban just came around as of lately so i figured the other brands had their 4 stroke sights on the 150R,doesnt Honda say "follow the leader" ?

I just assumed (which you should never do) that with all the larger 2 strokes going bye bye the smaller ones would be next? Everything from snowmobiles to chainsaws and weed eaters seem to be going 4 stroke.The 150R's been out for 2 years and this smaller bike ban just came around as of lately so i figured the other brands had their 4 stroke sights on the 150R,doesnt Honda say "follow the leader" ?

The other three (Y,S,K) probably do have them on the drawing board, but until the lead law and the economy turn around, they'll most likely stay on the board. And yes, Honda does say follow the leader, but remember, it took them five years to answer Yamaha's YZ400F. Who's leading who?

:p

YSK just needs to make theirs (unleaded).The 150R doesnt fall into the ban anyways and since YSK havent been produced theirs i would think the lead problem would be a non issue! Hey the follow the leader thing was their idea not mine.

Here's a pic I came across a couple years ago. Also there was a spread of a yz150 in a Japanese moto mag round about the same time.

yz150f.jpg

I've seen those photoshopped bikes before. I'm sure we will see them eventually. I also expect to see 100cc to 125cc four strokes to replace the 65cc two stroke MX bikes. That will take even longer with this new "lead law" being worked out.

Yeah, I saw the 150r "photoshopped" too before it came out . The lead stuff has taken the primary focus of the manufactures so prototype development has been pushed to the side.

85cc and up aren't affected by the ban. I hope the 4t 150s never take over. They are heavier and harder to start which are two things that a kid doesn't need to deal with. The Honda CRF150R (182 lbs) is 31 lbs heavier then a KX85 (152 lbs) and 26 lbs heavier the a KX100 (156 lbs) - that is a bunch of weight for a 90 lb kid to wrestle with.

Im sick of the photoshoped bikes, ive heard that Suzuki have a RMZ150 on the drawing board with a prototype in production, (Heard it from transworld)

Its got aluminum frame and fuel injection. Should dominate the CRF evan tho im not a SUCKzuki fan.

But by the time that gets out i should have my 200XC-W:ride:

the other brands reason for no 150r yet is because honda has a patend (sp?) on the unicam design. and they're gonna have a hell of a time getting a beefy, bulky dual cam engine in a lil 85 frame.