Sign in to follow this  

Just picked up a 01 YZ 250 couple of ?'s

Hey I just picked up a 250 and was wondering if any one had a sho-p manu-al... Not sure if its kool to ask for that or not on here

Also it has front AFM gold pipe and AFM Shorty tail pipe.

What jetting do you guys reccomend.. I"m pretty new to the whole jetting deal.. Read the how to on it but I know aftermarket pipes can change things..

Any other pointers would be much appreciated..

you know what, i got a shop manual i downloaded for an 04 yz250. your bike and the 04 should be pretty similiar, if you PM me your e-mail ill see if i can send it your way.

im pretty sure with the pipes, they make the bike run richer, so yo u wanna go one set leaner. pretty sure, not all the way sure.

read this for jetting: (pretty good)

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648472&highlight=jetting+chart

and for a more in depth approach:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412662

• Like 1

I have a 04 yz250 with a FMF platinum on it I am running 185/52 jetting in the cold weather 182/50 in the warm but there are a lot of factors that can effect your jetting. I would take them out and go buy 3 or 4 in each direction from what is in there and take your time getting the jetting right. You will learn lots. It is a great skill to have.

ya, if your just riding trails you dont need a lot of oil in your mix and you can lean out your jetting. if your doing hard MX or sand riding, you need to jet richer.

make sure your carb is all cleaned up too, your top end is in good condition, your spark plug is clean, and your air filter and air box are clean as well. might wanna check the packing in your silencer while your at it.

also dont try to jet your bike by changing the premix ratio!

also dont try to jet your bike by changing the premix ratio!

Agree 100%. You should run the ratio the oil Manufacture recommends and jet to that.