Sign in to follow this  

Is Stonyford open 3/8-3/10?

Stonyford was beautiful yesterday. Snow starts at about 3k' or so, and gets a tad thick under the trees at about 4k'. The southern exposure was dry and dusty (Shagnasty, Crackerbox, etc.,) the northern exposure was moist and snowy in some spots.

WoodsChick

Rode Stony yesterday, it was a beautiful day. Lots of dust on the upper ridge trails, some snow in the upper single track woods trails but not too bad unless you tried to go really high. A LOT of fallen trees, that was a pain, I got tired of ducking under, getting whacked in the head, navigating around fallen trees. Lots of scratches from overgrown bushes and tree branches. Ran into a guy with a 450R with a broken clutch cable at the creek at the bottom of 27...bad place to try to get out of with no clutch! We got him push and started back up the hill, told him to keep on the throttle and don't let off! I hope he made it out...

. A LOT of fallen trees, that was a pain, I got tired of ducking under, getting whacked in the head, navigating around fallen trees. Lots of scratches from overgrown bushes and tree branches. ...

Do your part and try to move those fallen trees if you can. I saw a lot of reroutes and bypass trails that went around trees that were easily moved by getting off the bike and grabbing the trees and pulling. If that didn't work, i pulled my hand saw and cut the tree out. A good pruning saw is small and light and can get through a 10 inch trees quickly.

Save the forest service the hassle and let them use their time and resources to get the big trees. It seems that most people are just intent on riding, and won't take the time to even attempt to move and obstacle. They spent more time getting around a tree then they would have just moving it.

Too bad we can't get the list pinned.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746885&highlight=trail+etiquette

Is there a moderator in this forum?

Do your part and try to move those fallen trees if you can.

We moved a LOT of trees and branches out of the way.

Some pics:

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01564.jpg

DSC01563.jpg