Sign in to follow this  

Sheriff and Rangers in force in SCV today!!!

Well, I did a 106 mile ride today in the Santa Clarita area and off of San Fransquito the Sheriff and Rangers were up on the fire roads checking for sparky and registration and of course any off trail activity. I rode with cbrewer954 and HammeredFlat4. We ran into some guys coming back warning us, then into a large group of 15 or so riders, I think they were all French Canadian (Couldn't understand half the stuff they were saying). They sent one of their guys ahead and he confirmed the checks were in place. We had nothing to hide so we proceeded with our ride. I was sporting my new Akrapovic can with sparky of course too! We never saw any checks though :p This would be the first enforcement I have seen in that area ever :moon:

We ran into some workers that were trimming all the pines and basically hacking out all the shrubs off the side of the road and along some of the illegal trails too. The area looked butchered:bonk: We get blamed for a skinny little single track and they are cutting away entire hill sides :moon:

Great weather and a great ride though in all :lol::ride:

Yeah, Rider X and I did a 90 mile run also in the area. We did run into the clear cutting and got stopped by the Rangers. We are both plated and run stock exhausts,so we didn't get hasseled. Didn't see any POlice though.

Gee, you think if they reopened Rowher/DW it would give people and place to ride ,without having to spend hours and gas to get to a riding area.

Definitely a good ride. The tree clearing sure changed the appearance of the area. Not near as nice to look at. Like r1rider stated, we get blamed for the destruction of land. Damn hypocrites.

We rode up past the shooting place in san franckito cyn.(yeah I know it's spelled wrong) and went up a legal truck road. came back and a ranger checked us too. BTW Drinkwater area is closed ufn.