Sign in to follow this  

2008 yz250f lights?

I have a 2008 yz250f and i need to put a headlight and tail light on it to make it street legal. I know the stock stator doesnt put enough power out to run a headlight so what can i do. Any info would be great thanks.

Baja designs has everything you are looking for. You can also use a WR stator and flywheel.

I looked into doing the same thing a few years ago and found it would cost more than I was willing to pay.

I do not live in California, but I would bet that you will not be able to plate a red sticker bike. Better check into that first.

wat all parts would u need to swap with the wr for lights? would this work for an 06 too? sry for threadjacking but its about this topic

Baja designs has everything you are looking for. You can also use a WR stator and flywheel.

I looked into doing the same thing a few years ago and found it would cost more than I was willing to pay.

I do not live in California, but I would bet that you will not be able to plate a red sticker bike. Better check into that first.

i live in arizona right now and its super easy to get a plate on a bike. All they do is check the vin, and the bike doesnt even have to have lights on it yet you just have to sign a paper that says if you get a ticket for not meeting regulations, its not their fault. Is the WR flywheel heavier?

Yes the flywheel is heavier. What you need is the stator to provide more electricity and if I remember correctly the YZ flywheel will not fit with the WR stator

wat all parts would u need to swap with the wr for lights? would this work for an 06 too? sry for threadjacking but its about this topic

Well i actually have been reaserching all my options and i read a lot about that and i wouldnt recommend it. You have to use the wr flywheel which has to be modified to that would cost you money. Plus its heavier which means it will change the power delivery of you bike so that would be a downfall if you don't want that. I found a company that makes a stator and a regulator that will set you up to run lights. If your like me and just need to have working lights to run on the street than you can just get a 35 watt headlight and a tail light and find a way to mount it yourself.

Here is a link to the parts you need.

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/#6844X0

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/#1331X0

Well i actually have been reaserching all my options and i read a lot about that and i wouldnt recommend it. You have to use the wr flywheel which has to be modified to that would cost you money. Plus its heavier which means it will change the power delivery of you bike so that would be a downfall if you don't want that. I found a company that makes a stator and a regulator that will set you up to run lights. If your like me and just need to have working lights to run on the street than you can just get a 35 watt headlight and a tail light and find a way to mount it yourself.

Here is a link to the parts you need.

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/#6844X0

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/#1331X0

SWEET THANX FOR THE WEBSITE, would u get just the lighting coil, or the complete lighting coil as a whole? doesnt look like the coils would jus swap too easily i think?

you get everything thats in the picture. Im gonna order it this weekend probably. Ill keep the thread updated on how it all works.

just drop a WR bottom end on it. your not going to like a 250F on the street, especially a close ratio 5 speed.

going 37mph using half your rpm already