Sign in to follow this  

Water/Operating temp

I just bought a 2005 TE 450 and installed the Trail Tech Vapor computer and was setting it up this last weekend and i dont know what the operating water temperature is, or what i should set the caution temp. at, so if anyone has installed the Vapor on there 05 TE 450, I would definatley appreciate some feedback, thank you very much.

I put one on my 2005 TE 510 and I use spec from my coolant to guide me. I use engine ice so I set the yellow warning light at 210 and the red light at 230.

Be sure that you have sensor located on one of the hoses coming off the bottom of the radiator. You want to monitor the temp of the coolant as it exits the radiator, not the coolant exiting the motor. Don't ask why I know:bonk:

If you need an OEM fan you can pick one up at this site:

http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=30103018

Then order a bracket and you will have a really cool ride!

I added one to my 510 and it works great!

I have my Trail Tech temp sensor mounted where the coolant exits the motor. Why is this bad? George at Uptite didn't seem to think it was a bad idea, but warned that I would see higher numbers is all!

David

I put one on my 2005 TE 510 and I use spec from my coolant to guide me. I use engine ice so I set the yellow warning light at 210 and the red light at 230.

Be sure that you have sensor located on one of the hoses coming off the bottom of the radiator. You want to monitor the temp of the coolant as it exits the radiator, not the coolant exiting the motor. Don't ask why I know:bonk:

If you need an OEM fan you can pick one up at this site:

http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=30103018

Then order a bracket and you will have a really cool ride!

I added one to my 510 and it works great!

I have my Trail Tech temp sensor mounted where the coolant exits the motor. Why is this bad? George at Uptite didn't seem to think it was a bad idea, but warned that I would see higher numbers is all!

David

Yes, I am curious on this as well. I thought you would want to monitor it as it exist the motor. That's where I have mine.

-Blake

thanks for the info, what did you set your redline rpm's at?