Sign in to follow this  

ASV with BD kit

I couldn't pass up a sweet deal on some ASV F3 Pro levers. I was hesitant on doing this mod because I was worried about cables being too short, clutch lever clearing the dual sport control, decomp on hot start, etc... It can be done though! The only extra work I had to do was re-route the decomp line from the front of the bars to the back.

These things are pretty slick compared to my MSR levers. We'll see how they do after a get off. At least they come with a 3 year breakage warranty.

Here's the clutch side (anyone know where to get one of those folding mirrors? I need one now...):

3340827210_93007ab68a.jpg

Brake side:

3340000247_b5227b5369.jpg

Top view (here you can see the decomp line over the dipstick):

3340827116_156dfaf063.jpg

--Ry

thats a first, never seen that style of mirror before

so its actually looking under your arm opposed to over your shoulder like the stock ones?

Ive been thinking about the ASV levers as well but was worried about the hot start/decomp hittin the switches on the handlebar and also i will lose my mirror mounts which would mean more clutter on the bar if i had to get seperate mirrors

no problem with the clutch lever being so far in on the handlebars?

I am probably going to sound like an idiot here, but on your clutch side, you have this big black box...what is it??

It's a roll chart holder used to navigate a route in organized events. i have it installed because i'm going to be running the Death Valley 350 this weeeknd.

I put the ASV's on all my XR's and I like them. I had to grind the adjusting "bolt" down quite a bit because the stock cable on the clutch side did not fit, but I made it work!

I all too often get the chance to test if these levers are really bullet-proof. After a 4th gear pinned cross rut high side over the bars with the bike tumbling every which way on hardpack....no damage! To the levers that is! I got majorly damaged and I managed to ruin a new Bell Moto helmet! The bike was fine though...its an XR. I recommend these levers! They work well!