*BLACK BEAST* is back ..... now with a ?.....

Its been along time since my last post. This is my 2008 KLX450R ! It has been labeled as the BLACK BEAST because that what it is!!! Very fun, powerful bike. ALOT of work has been put in to get my machine to this point. Thanks for taking a look.

???? My question is about the STATOR....? Has anyone on here replaced theirs to run bigger more powerful lights....? Can anyone point me in the right direction so i can bolt up some super sweet PIAA lamps....? Thanks for the help.

-SS66-

GOT SAND?

1.jpg

PRE GRAPHICS....

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

?

Dude I gota say, thats one badass looking KLX. I thought it was a KX till I saw the E-start. Whats the engine pull like? Is it super aggressive?

The power delivery is AWESOME! This bike kills all at the sand drags! Even a line up of KX's! It helps to change the main jet, pilot jet, needle & clip, bigger float bowl, larger acceleator pump and cover, adjustable fuel screw, and dump all the smog crap! By working the carb over it really helps the bike come alive!!! The bike has so much "PULL" it can lift the front wheel at will in any gear. And i havn't even touched the internals of the engine yet...... It gonna be fun! I'll keep you guys posted on the head work and the high compression piston. I really wish the only cam for our bike wasn't $900!!!!! What BULLSHIT!

What header are you using? And will it fit with the stock muffler?

The header is a fmf power bomb. The pipe is GREAT! Some are very skeptical of the claims that a short header can pull the low end grunt of a long tube header but...... its true! This pipe works great in the tightest technical woods where instant throttle response is a must. Also for top end pull like sand draggin! Its a very nice all around pipe! About the stock muffler.... WHO CARES!!! Dump that silent pile of junk and get something you bike can actually exhale through and make ur bike sound awesome!! I never tried the header with the stock muff.

i reckon you're right about the short header theory, i put on a delkevic kx450 header last week and the power is definately not lacking down low,if anything its better and now i can change my oil filter so much easier.what jetting did you end up going with to get so much power, or is it also a result of gearing changes that it will lift the front in any gear(and are you talking about clutching it up or just with throttle?)i'm running a kx silencer with the kx header and slightly modified jetting,but the best i can get is mine to lift in third using only throttle,but i does do this fairly easy!

i reckon you're right about the short header theory, i put on a delkevic kx450 header last week and the power is definately not lacking down low,if anything its better and now i can change my oil filter so much easier.what jetting did you end up going with to get so much power, or is it also a result of gearing changes that it will lift the front in any gear(and are you talking about clutching it up or just with throttle?)i'm running a kx silencer with the kx header and slightly modified jetting,but the best i can get is mine to lift in third using only throttle,but i does do this fairly easy!

No clutch needed! Get rid of the smog crap and hop that carb up and this bike comes alive. My jetting specs are pro circuits suggestions.

155 main

40 pilot

needle clip#1

screw 2 turns out

-SS66-

stock needle or the one they recommend?my jetting is almost identical

155 main,42 pilot, 2 turns out and stock needle on clip 2(stock position here in oz where ours come adjustable).i find it hard to believe that the two pipes are so different in the power increase they give,but if thats the case i guess the pro circuit set up is well worth the extra dough,looks nice too.

stock needle or the one they recommend?my jetting is almost identical

155 main,42 pilot, 2 turns out and stock needle on clip 2(stock position here in oz where ours come adjustable).i find it hard to believe that the two pipes are so different in the power increase they give,but if thats the case i guess the pro circuit set up is well worth the extra dough,looks nice too.

i am running the pro circuit needle. The power is NOT from the pipe, it definately helps though. Are you running a stock pipe? Power boost is from the larger accelerator pump, the stiffer spring and the larger fuel bowl. It takes more gas/air to make more power. Switch those out and you'll get what i'm trying to say....... ?

• 2 weeks later...
Did the FMF powerbomb and procircuit muffler fit without modification?

Both mounted to the motor and the bike just fine, the only part i had to make was a slip collar to mate the two pipes. They are both the same diameter so slip fit inside one another was not an option. I wanted to just weld them together to get the best flow but..... that would be a bummer to cut everytime i would have to remove the exhaust for one reason or another.

i am running the pro circuit needle. The power is NOT from the pipe, it definately helps though. Are you running a stock pipe? Power boost is from the larger accelerator pump, the stiffer spring and the larger fuel bowl. It takes more gas/air to make more power. Switch those out and you'll get what i'm trying to say....... ?

sorry about the delay in responding to your reply, i'm running a kx pipe and delkevic kx header. was wondering if you could tell me if the needle that procirciut sells (ncyn) is of a larger or smaller diameter than stock (nlzu in america or ncvu here in oz) ? reason i ask is that i get a bit of shitty running at around 1/4 throttle and going to a larger diameter needle and leaning it off a bit should fix it. its definately richness related as dropping the clip only makes it worse and going up one from stock(position 2 here in oz) doesn't make it any better either. also how much do u reckon the other carb mods are worth that u have done and are they difficult to carry out?