Sign in to follow this  

? STATOR upgrade to run bigger lights....?

Has anyone on here upgraded their stator to run bigger lights? I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to a company who you have had good luck with. BTW I have a 2008 KLX450R kawasaki. Heres a pic! Any suggestions about the stator would be great.

1.jpg

http://www.bajadesigns.com/

Go down into the baja section and ask the same question. 90% of the guys who race baja will give you the same answer

Nice bike.....It would be better if it was RED hahaha

I have had good luck with baja designs or trail tech for having the stator wound. It's around a 100 bucks if you send it in. Probably 200+ for a new one.

I've got a stator and R/R on backorder from Electrosport. We'll see how well it works when it comes in.

One thing to keep in mind is air flow over the upgraded R/R to keep it cool and happy. Some have even moved it up to the front of their bikes others have mounted small 12V fans on them.

I better call electrosport and see how the development is coming.

I sent mine down to Baja Designs and had the stator upgraded to 100W. Unfortunately, that is all the Kawi stators will allow for as they are not to big to begin with. It is big enough however to run their Diablo HID race light as long as you keep up the RPMs. If running at a slow speed, say in tight technical terrain, the battery will power the HID for a couple of hours but will eventually run out. Higher RPMs will both keep the battery charged and run the lights.

I am looking into the ELECTROSPORT stator for our bikes. It says it will give 150 watts. That is more than enough. Another member had brought up the idea of the stator running too HOT when there is that much power.... is this true? Last thing i need is to be shorting anything out or burning it up!!! Let me know if you guys think 150 watts is too much.......? Thanks for the input.