Sign in to follow this  

DRZ SM wheels on RMZ 450

Hi Guys, anyone taken DRZ 400 SM wheels off and put them onto an RMZ 450? I am seeling my SM with off-road wheels, and keeping the motard wheels. Will they go straight onto the RMZ? Apart from the from the rotor diameters, am planning to swap over the front forks as well, to accomodate the motard caliper etc. IF they will fit. :p

Cheers

Clinton

If your changing the entire front end then I can't see that being a problem.

The rear is going to be alot different though. Spacing will be different but your main problem is with the bearing/axle size. A DRZ axle is 20mm, the RMZ is 22mm (I believe thats the right dimmension but regardless they're diferent sizes).

Hey Richie, thanks for the feedback. You reckon the forks will slot straight into the RMZ clamps? hmm, hope there are bearings available, to fit with bigger dimater inner race...On the rear.

hope there are bearings available, to fit with bigger dimater inner race...On the rear.

Find out what bearings are in the DRZ rear wheel (did know but can't remember) then find out what size the RMZ axle is. Then it will only take a few mins to find out. Loads of bearing websites around so you could easily cross reference them. You might be stuck on seals aswell but you don't neccessarily need them. Make sure the hub fits in the swingarm without major alingment problems first.

I tried fitting RM250 dirt wheels to my DRZ cause I had them and it was so much hassle I gave up on the rear and got a DRZ E rear wheel. In hindsight I wish i had just brought a new set of talons etc..

Hey Richie, I am inquiring about the changeover, in the event someone wants to buy my DRZ with off-road kit. I have an RMZ lined up as a replacment, so can only do the change, once the ZED is sold. The RMZ will either, get the DRZ wheels, or I have a BRAND NEW set of Excels with Haan Hubs, double thick spokes, and spacers, ALSO lined up. Just want to have all my options clear. I have to friends in the engineering business, who will easily get the DRZ wheels to fit, the RMZ, if all it is spacing, and not the hubs that are too wide. Bearings can have inserts put in etc....Engineering work, will be a fraction of the cost of NEW wheels, either way.

Thanks

Clinton

since you're in SA why don't you get some bst blackstone wheels instead?

they're killer.

not sure if they make them for zuks though.never been able to get a straight answer out of them.