poll: What to do about exhaust on a 2005 ttr230

Which exhaust?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which exhaust?

I am looking for all opinions on exhaust for my 2005 ttr230. I have been reading and reading and can not decide what to do. I was going to get the gyt-r slip on for my bike but i am having second thoughts. I like that it is a yamaha piece and that it comes with the needed jets. I also like the idea of getting a full exhaust and get rid of the ugly header pipe, but also like the idea of modding my stock exhaust and jetting it (cheap). I really need some opinions on if aftermarket exhaust is worth it or just mod the stock. Could i get some all the pros and cons you can think of. Full, slip-on, stock. weight, sound and fit.

if aftermarket which exhaust do you recommend:

gyt-r

fmf

dr d.

pro circuit

big gun

mod stock

Just installed a FMF powercore4 slip on on my girls 04 ttr225. Sounds great and seems to run fine. Just took it around the block real quick. I would like to know what the opinion is on whether I should get it rejetted or not. Bikes all stock other than the uni air filter and FMF slip on.

Well... look to see what pipe you can get the best deal on, and personally, I really don't know if you'd "feel" the difference in performance from just the slip on vs. doing the whole exhaust, again... budget depending...

If you do decide to go aftermarket or modify your existing one, jumping up one size on your main and your pilot jets, and, drilling out the fuel screw brass plug thing so you can mess with how much fuel she's getting, will make a huge difference. I followed the mods on the sticky at the top of the main TTR page... can't go wrong...

Just comes down to budget, what you want out of the bike, just keep in mind, It's a TTR, trail riding, all around fun... no where near as high strung as a YZ...

Well it seems i can get a slip on for around 200 and i can get a full system for around 250 after doing some shopping. I think i like the idea of getting rid of the crusty looking stock head pipe.