Sign in to follow this  

Kick Start lever will not move

My 2004 CRF250R has been sitting for two months. I pulled it out yesterday and when I tried to kick start it, I could not kick it over. The lever is stuck in the up position. We put the bike in gear and moved it around, and it allowed us to kick it a couple times, but then again, the kick lever remained in the up position, unable to be moved. The valves were replaced, and have less than 2 hours on them. Any ideas about what's going on with this?

Not tryin to be mean but your the 1 millionth person to ask this question on thumper talk so the answer has been said about 1 million times!! good luck figuring out the problem!

When ever you have a problem with an engine locking up its not a good idea to try and bump start it you can do way more damage to the engine pull the clutch cover and try looking @ the start lever mechanism first and then see if the engine rolls over by turning it gently with a wrench.

let us know what u find out.. worked on a 06 a while back with the same problem and it was the kickstart return spring binding up.. but like ron said tear into it a bit and find out..