Sign in to follow this  

09' Honda CRF450r

Before anything let me say I really like/ love my new 09'450- just working through some kinks.

Just made the jump to a 450 from a 125.. yea big jump. Been riding for 20+ yrs, and on a 125 for the better part of 10 yrs.

Was out at the track and everything was going smooth, then my bike stalled out. It made a loud "brap" kind like a back fire sound but it wasn't a back fire. Went to start it and the kick start was stuck. I fiddled with it and was able to get the kick start to kick however it would keep getting stuck. Luckily I got it kicked over within a few try's. been looking around and I see there is a recall on the compression plug "thing" I believe that's the issue. Hopefully that is all.

Its my first Honda, 1st 4 stroke, 1st 450, obviously first EFI bike. So im in the dark about any quick fixes ( been reading / learning though )

1. Starting the bike seems to be hard. I put the idle up allot and it seemed way easer but the bike was hot.

2. Seems to want to stall easer than it should ( I think #1 might fix that though. Was not able to really test it, with the break.

3. The suspension seems to be really stiff (im 175lbs.) suggestions?

I am going take it to my mechanic after the recall is fixed, he has worked on a few so far and made some tweaks. I just want to stop by and see what tweaks you guys have been making, or if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks for the help! :p

i would not run the bike because you more than likely broke the decompression pin. it could do damage to your engine if it gets in the wrong place honda has a recall on the pin. they should fix it for free.

Also I was more than likley getting the YOSHIMURA EXHAUST or the PC system ( not sure ) in a week or so. I know with Carburated bikes the system comes with new jetting. What needs to be done, if anything on these new EFI's? once you put the new exhaust system on?

Also I was more than likley getting the YOSHIMURA EXHAUST or the PC system ( not sure ) in a week or so. I know with Carburated bikes the system comes with new jetting. What needs to be done, if anything on these new EFI's? once you put the new exhaust system on?

Rater than sticking pipe questions in this thread you may have better luck doing a search on each exhaust to find more replies.

hope that helps!

3. The suspension seems to be really stiff (im 175lbs.) suggestions?

We'll in about 4-5 months, you'll have the suspension figured out. Good luck. :p

P.S. not sure why you'd want a pipe after coming off a 125? Isn't it fast enough for ya?

We'll in about 4-5 months, you'll have the suspension figured out. Good luck. :p

P.S. not sure why you'd want a pipe after coming off a 125? Isn't it fast enough for ya?

I got a guy that said he will dial it in once I get it back from the shop ( recall fixed )

Fast enough... is anything ever really fast enough? :ride:

i just rode mine for the first time this last weekend, I LOVE IT ! ! ! Im comming off a 2001 yz 250 2stroke. HUGE difference, so much more useable power. Suspension is way better, weigh 160 and all i had to do was tighten the steering stabalizer 4 clicks and the whoops where solid. Had the same swap problem at first but the clicks seemed to help alot, found it easier than adjusting the rear shock. Thought it rode awsome everywhere else too. LOVE IT, worth every penny. well alot of pennies ! ! !

For me.. 740,000.00 pennies :p

I did not mess with there steering stabalizer yet. Once I get it back from this recall I can start making al these nice minor adjustments I been reading about. :ride: