Sign in to follow this  

Preliminary Thoughts on new Tire

The fed-ex man just dropped off my new rear tire. Ordered a Trelleborg/Mitas Ten Master 754 120/80-18 to replace the Pirelli Sandcross that I chunked most of the center lugs off in about 3 rides. I dont blame Pirelli because it was 1) possibly too old to use since it came with the bike and never knew how old it was...it did have a small crack not on the sidewall and not on the bead but lower on the sidewall. 2) was more of a sand or really soft tire in only once did i ride north michigan sand...all other rides was southern ohio hard clay and a few sprints uptown on the street (street legal RMX250 :ride: ) so that prolly tore it up too.

It had a Ten Master when i bought it but it was wore down and a few side lugs where starting to chunk to thats when i put the Pirelli on it. It was only the 110/100-18. I figured this one was on there for a reason and i believe it was on the bike the first time i rode the bike which was years before i bough it. Thats why i went with the Trelleborg this time. Its nice that Mitas imports them directly now have warehouses in the US. :p

So the 120/80-18 Trelleborg Ten Master is freakin HUGE!! For only 74bucks at my door its not a bad deal either its not a bad deal. The treads are damn near an inch thing..hang on let me measure...3/4 to 7/8 on top lugs. I can move them a bit so it must not be too hard a rubber so maybe want to stay off the blacktop (boo..i love racing street bikes and punks in cars stop-light to stop-light :moon: ) Mitas rated this as a soft to moderately hard terrain. Once i get it mounted and some ride time ill do a review on it. Oh and ill try to get some pics up here too.

Becker

I have one on my spare wheel. Incredible mud tire. I felt it had better cornering traction but less straight line stability than my favorite sand tire: the Michelin S12. But in the mud, the Ten Master can't be beat.