Sign in to follow this  

Most Comfortable Sportbike..

I have been wanting a sportbike for some time now, and just need a few opinions from some riders. I have been riding my friends 2000 R6 around for a few weeks now, and a 2000 R1 from time to time, but there just not that comfortable. I know that their sportbikes and not cruisers, and they all have the same style, but just didnt know if some had an advantage over the other in the comfort department. I know that these bikes are 9 years old and hoping they have made some improvements. Also heard somewhere else that the yamaha's are the most uncomfortable to ride......Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated! thanks in advance!

You could always get a sportbike "lookalike" like an FZ6 or Ninja 650. They don't have sport bike power, but they are pretty damn close. And, they have plenty of power for the street. The FZ6 is running an older version of the R6 motor.

Both of these bikes hve standard bars instead of clip ons, and an upright seating position.

Yep, I second what the above poster said. Look at the Ninja 650r or the Ninja 500r. Yamaha has a new bike, the FZ6R that looks really sporty but is made for beginners and commuting. The reviews seem good. Comfort is also in the eye of the rider. I would try to sit on as many bikes as you can to decide what's comfortable to you. I have a Ninja 500r and find it very comfy. It is also a good beginner's bike that isn't boring in a few months. I wouldn't recommend buying a super sport for a first bike, but some people do and manage to do fine.

Go have a look at a Hayabusa. Not only the most comfortable sportbike I've rode, but the most comfortable bike I've been on period. I've had several standards through the years and have found their "comfortable upright riding position" to be anything but. My Hayabusa is a pure joy to ride. I went to Indy to the MotoGP race on mine last fall. A 450 mile day followed by 2 90 mile days around the the time at the track, followed by another 450 mile day riding home, no problems.

600s and liters are faster in the twisties and on the race track, but the Busa is far from being a slouch in the corners. I seldom get outrun on the local backroads.

But the comfort amenities of the big Zuk mean way more to my aging 6'2" frame than a few more mph corner speed.

There's my 2 cents on the sportbike comfort issue.:p

Im 5' 9" and am yet to find a sportbike that is truely comfortable to ride on. Ill admit Ive never ridden a busa but Ive ridden pretty much every Jap 600 and Liter bike and they all require some getting used to and dont like being ridden very long.

I've never rode one but I've always read/heard that Ducati ergonomics were like medieval torture devices. No true sport bike is going to be comfortable for longer rides. That's just the trade off you make for outright performance. I was wanting a GSXR1000 but ended up getting the Busa on the night and day difference in the comfort factor coupled with the fact that a lot of my rides are 150+ mile days, almost all twisties.

And if, like the original poster, you live in a straight road state, dealing with race track ergos to ride on the slab all the time with inch wide chicken strips on your tire, is a total headscratcher to me.

Another comfortable sport bike to think about (the Monster Energy version looks killer IMO) is the Kawi ZX-14.

If you like sport bikes, but not the clip-ons you could get something like Heli Bars.

My husband replaced the triple tree, bar risers, and cables on my SV650S with SV650 and DL650 parts to get rid of the clip-ons. Allows me to sit up a lot more. My husband had a FZ1 and liked it a lot. He ended up selling it and getting a Vstrom 650, which is about as ugly as they get, but very comfortable.

Here's some more naked bikes - the Aprillia and the BMW are pretty nice looking (if moeny is not an object).

http://www.motorcyclingmag.com/2008_naked_bikes

001-2.jpg

VFR 800 hands down the most comfortable sport bike I have ridden . I have ridden a busa but the VFR just fit me better .