Sign in to follow this  

Knee armor?

Am looking for some knee guards for dual sport/dirt riding that I can wear over my pants - I've seen a lot of people with 661 guards. Did a search and haven't seen any reviews on these since 2006. Any suggestions? Is the DJ or DJ Pro a good one to get? I don't need the lower shin guards since my boots are pretty tall.

Thanks for any info.

I have a pair of Thor Quadrant guards I wear under my pants with my Alpinestar Tech 2's.

They work alright; although I've managed not to have to use test them thus far.

If I had full height boots, I'd prefer something like the 661's your looking at.

They seem to have a better chance of staying on your knee when you need them.

The way the Thor's strap to your calves with nothing securing the top portion makes them

comfortable, but also makes me wonder if they would stay in place if you went down hard on a knee.

I bought these from Rockymountain for $25.00, I only use one though, I wear the Asterisk brace on my right leg.

arc_06_kne_shi_gua.jpg

cell.jpg

i have the DJ Pro and i hate them i dont wear them anymore cause they dont stay in place....ive hear that the 661 Tommy Clowers Knee Guards are good

I have 661 knee guards - I dont remember the model, but they are hinged and have hard blue plastic on the outside. Anyhow, I really like them.

Short knee sock only, or the full up the thigh type. Any thoughts?

I run the Thor Force brace. Like 'em!

TH9-FKG-_is?$productdetail$

I use 661 Moto Lite I believe it is, they have a solid plastic knee cup and thick neoprene protection for your shins. They fit in boots nice and I like them a lot. I have also used Thor Quadrants which weren't bad, and I tried the 661 Ricochet and couldn't get used to them.

I've got DJ's and have been pretty happy with them....they def saved my knee in a bad spill.