Sign in to follow this  

mikuni carb reassembly problem - help!

i pulled the slide out of my mikuni carb (04 te450) - and now it won't go back in - the plate that rides along the slide (spring loaded plate) - is blocking the slides path. i can use a feeler gauge to push the plate back and install the slide, but it's really really tight - how do i get it to fit and not drag along the slide???? i'm totally stumped...

hah - it ends up the slide backing ring diaphragm had swelled up (maybe from ethanol?) and fell apart and jammed the slide 'ring' up against the slide guide plate. husqvarna and mikuni claim this part is not available (you gotta buy the whole carb body..which is probably na also, (i also needed the rubber gasket under the slide guide plate which had swelled up to twice it's normal size (ethanol?) - also not available.) so the carb (which was junk outta the box i assume) is rendered unusable.... anyone need one for parts???

so i bought a fcr - which i'm much more familiar with. :p

so i'm looking for recommended jetting for fcr 41 on an 04 te450? i'm assuming the stock jetting on the 05 model may be a good starting point - but if someone has jet specs that work 0-2500 elevation, let me know.... anything else i need to mod to make it fit/work?

Man... that's getting right back on the horse :ride:

You didn't waste any time! Props to ponying up for a new carburetor.

I cannot help you with jetting but wanted to stop by and leave a l'il' support :p

~Tator