Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Else See The April Dirt Rider?

I just picked it up yesterday. Along with the pictures of the cool supercross bikes, they have a couple modded 450x's in the "Dream Rides" section. A "baja" one and a bored/stroked one. They have some cool parts on them.

I couldn't find the articles on their website, so maybe they aren't posted yet.

:p:ride::moon: :moon:

I didnt check their website,but I do have the April Dirt Rider.You must be talking about the Yoshimura Larry Ward CRF500X and the CPR Fabrications CRF450X Baja Racer.I agree they are both very nice bikes.

Chris Parker from CPR FAB posts here on occasion.He recently defended his wiring harness on here.

ya bubba those are the ones. Those things are way cool. I wouldn't mind putting that 500x stuff into my motor.

ya, crfxxx, I wasn't going to mention that...lol

Cool! I'll have to buy a copy and read the article. I can't imagine the Katoom beating the CPR Fab 450X in a rider to rider comparison though.

I looked through the magazine and don't think its the same one you are thinking of crfxxx. I had a bunch in front of me and got them mixed up. But the april 09 DirtRider doesn't have a battle between those two.

Oh, my mistake. Im thinking of the one that has the 450cc electric start shootout. They said something like 'the others may be good for a date or two, but the Honda -you can marry'. lol

it's totally true too.... the way I (and I know some others in here) pamper these bikes and want to spend tons of money on her....

Awesome 450X bikes in the "Dream Rides" section. The CPR bike is the one that impressed me the most. If I'm ever able to transfer back to Arizona I'd have Chris Parker on speed dial.

it's totally true too.... the way I (and I know some others in here) pamper these bikes and want to spend tons of money on her....

So true... I have spent way more money on my bikes than on my wife this year.

I guess it all depends on what you ride more :)

I guess it all depends on what you ride more :)

AMEN brudda!!!

So true... I have spent way more money on my bikes than on my wife this year.

I guess it all depends on what you ride more :p

:):banghead::foul::banghead:

I'm guilty as charged. My wife is really pretty cool about it though. At least my bikes never say "you done yet?" regardless of how hard I ride them.:banghead: :banghead: :)

And the KTM beat out the Honda. :)

Gee, its only, what, 3 grand more??

Hmmm. Must be the new math, or time to go back and get that GED :banghead:

Actually, the price difference is about $1200 ($7500 vs. $8700).

I'm guilty as charged. My wife is really pretty cool about it though. At least my bikes never say "you done yet?" regardless of how hard I ride them.:banghead: :banghead: :)

Or what about "I can't feel you, are you sure you're ready"

:foul::p

Hmmm. Must be the new math, or time to go back and get that GED :)

Actually, the price difference is about $1200 ($7500 vs. $8700).

The smiley at the end of a rude sentence doesn't dismiss the rudeness.

anyway, If you get a good deal on a 450x, it will be closer to 3K cheaper than you can get the KTM for. Secondly, that figure was to make the point, not to quote an exact amount.

Got a KTM to defend?

No worries CRFXXX. gprodick does have a Katoom or two I believe but he also knows his way around the 450X. I was going to mention gprodick's numbers this morning myself. I paid $5100 OTD for my '05 450X. That leaves almost enough by not spending $8700 for a Katoom to pay cash for my '07 450R brand new left over OTD. Value and prices are all relative and to each his own. I actually like the KTM bikes just fine and most others like Husky, Husaberg, Beta, GasGas, all the Euro bikes. Heck, I like all dirt bikes:thumbsup: :):banghead: I once had a 1972 Ballteeko Pursang nobody would ride but me and I loved that thing:lol: :banghead:

Sweet 450X's in the Dream Rides section. I found them both very interesting bikes. The attetion to detail is what makes the bikes so amazing.

As for this KTM/450X argument- I'd buy/ride either one! Each for their own reason of course. Just think if you took the money you'd save buying the Honda over the KTM you could put the Magura clutch, SS brake lines, wave rotors, bars, and possibly even the black rims on the 450X. KTM has made some really good progress in the last few years. Getting parts has gotten much easier too. I'm thinking they are going to be putting the Japanese bikes in check in the next few years. So close in the motocross shoot-outs as it is...