Sign in to follow this  

09 CRF450 header protection

Does anyone know if anything is available to protect the more vulnerable header on the 09 CRF450R. I have a full Yoshimura titanium exhaust system and am concerned about the header getting punctured or crumpled by a rock,

There is a good thread already started on that exact issue. Here is the thread: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730203

The best solution it sounds so far is the ProCarbon Fiber. Here is the link to the site: http://www.pro-carbonracing.co.uk/hondae.htm

And here is a picture of it:

I imagine that carbon fiber would look very ragged in rather short order.

Just ride it. If it caves in then purchase another front pipe. You spent the coin now use it!

I have the same pipe if you worry about this it will happen.

I started the thread posted up top and was all excited about the procarbon fiber product but we have a problem sports fans. This is an UK company that can't ship to the US or Canada. So count that out. I am still looking myself.

Check this one out. Alan over at Flatland Racing made this one for me. The fit and finish is great and it protects the bottom half of the pipe where the rocks are thrown up by the tire, instead of the top.

Stewart Frank

09CRF450R

STORM#350

127.jpg

I started the thread posted up top and was all excited about the procarbon fiber product but we have a problem sports fans. This is an UK company that can't ship to the US or Canada. So count that out. I am still looking myself.

Are you sure they won't ship to the US? I went online and went to the place order page and it allowed me to put the United States for both, billing address and ship to address. However, I did not place the order so I'm not positive it would have went through. Also, keep in mind that the price is in British Pounds which means the actual cost is probably going to be closer to 119 pounds x exchange rate of 1.379 = $164.10.

I actually used an old 2-stroke pipe guard that I bent with channellocks/pliers to form perfectly around my 09 header pipe. I spray painted it with some high temp flat black paint.

It looks pretty good.