Not too many issues with 06?

Nope. So far, my 06 has been bullet proof (knock wood). I haven't touched the valves yet, but that is about to change. They are real close, so I am probably going to assemble a spare head and swap 'em. I am glad I didn't buy an 09, that's for sure.

i had to shim the valves at around 60 hours... the full clutch assembly got fried by 40 hours. suspension oils twice... regular maintenance type stuff...

Other than that the bike has been awesome. I'm at around 75 hours now... thinking I'll get another 50 or so hours before I'll need a valve job, or new head.

My 06 has 120 hours on it now and have never had any bad issues. New piston/rings at 70 hours in 1 1/2 years(past due), seats cut, new valves and second new piston at 105 hours just because I had the parts handy. The original piston/rings looked far worse for wear than the second oem set probably because of the hours. The second set of oem valves still have not moved at 35 hours. Clutch plates at 80 hours and I used oem friction plates with steel driven plates. RG3 suspension front/rear is great.

Bought mine off the showroom floor in May '06 and have had zero issues. It's been a woods bike since day one, 75 hours (I don't get to ride nearly enough) and the valves haven't budged from their original clearances. I've babied it, though...oil change every three rides (four rides once, maybe twice a year); new oil filter every other oil change; the air filter gets a fresh filter-skin every ride and 2 oz. of Marvel Mystery Oil in every 5 gal. can of gas-93 octane only, preferably Amoco Ultimate.

Take care of it and you'll have no regrets. ?:ride:

bought mine as a left over and a great bike only problem was for the first time ever i went by torque specs and ended up pulling the treads apart on the long oil filter bolt. thank god i slowly backed it out and replaced it and now use high temp rtv for a little added protection. other then that oil and air filter changes just a little pesky on cold starts if i twist the throttle.