Sign in to follow this  

More clutch issues...need help.

The issue is now that when i pull in the lever... it still does pretty much nothing. for example- when i switch the bike into a gear and try to roll it , it wont move like how it's suppose to be. But when i pull in the clutch lever while the bike is in gear and try to roll it, it still does nothing.

I replaced the clutch plates and springs thinking that could be the problem, but i guess not. :p. After i was done putting the plates and springs in, i noticed the cable was exceedingly loose, so i had to tighten that all the way up. Even with the cable tightened there is still no roll or any sign of clutch engagment.

If you need pics or a vid, to help u , ill be glad to get some.

Thanks again.

-CR85xpert.

my bike doesnt really roll in gear with the clutch pulled in. but that doesnt help lol:p

my bike doesnt really roll in gear with the clutch pulled in. but that doesnt help lol:p

hahah, yea i can see like a little "stopage" , but in my situation there is no grab at all =/.

there is a push rod that runs from the lever on the case to the pressure plate some of them have a ball learing as well did you lose that?

are you missing any parts,did you replace the clutch discs as well as the friction plates?

did you tighten the pressure plate down to 25lbs?

if your not for sure on the parts your dealer should be able to blow up a picture of the clutch assembly and print it out for you so you can double check everything

well my problem is when i have the clutch in and put it in gear its starts rolling forward slowly....:p i dont have the money to fix it now so i'll just have to start like 3 ft behind the starting gate when the 30 second bored goes up :ride: lol

Sounds like you had this problem, replaced the clutch and still have the same problem. Right? Then it's not missing parts.

Could be worn linkage parts, bad cable, grooves in clutch basket, warped steel plates.

Most clutches drag some.

check the actuator lever they can be worn down over time and wont fully push the rod to release your clutch. Usually if the lever is worn down the rod is worn/bent and should be replaced. You can replace all the parts for around $100. Buy a new cable while you're at it if you haven't already.