Sign in to follow this  

Dr so far....inspiration needed!

Here is a couple of pics of the new beast:

bike.jpg

bike2.jpg

and some ideas for a paint job!

DR650doctored.jpg

DR650docsmall.jpg

Bought it 2 weeks ago and have covered about 400 miles.

So far I have serviced (oil and valve check), ordered the jet kit, black fork protecters and an acrebis supermoto fender in white.

Looking for ideas for styling it a bit more and making it better for hard road riding without buying a wheel set (way too expensive).

Any ideas welcome!

cant go wrong w/ the black look or white...the purple looks like something suzuki woulda made in the early 90s

The only problem with the purple paint is that all my riding mates think its a little effeminate! I think it looks cool, plus there is no need to repaint the frame!

Wonder where I could get some decals though?

What do you mean when you say black fork protectors? I have been looking for plastic fork guards for a while now.

hey welky just picked up your thread like the purple bike is clean can you get a belly pan would look well polished. You mentioned supermoto wheels dont know the prices but they are dear I looked at some (talon I think )but they had no cush (and dear )

I got my original hubs relaced with 17 inch rims.I think in Birmingham central wheels A supermoto guy from Ireland braught them over .It uses original bearings pads sprocket with spanish morad rims.couple of years ago cost 350 sterling

I'd probably just leave it alone, since the bike looks to be in great condition. Around here the resale value of a good condition stock bike is much higher, then an altered bike, even with the Barbie colors. The only thing I'd maybe do, is buy black fork boots and put black skin on the seat. That alone would make it look more masculine, keep it fairly factory, and save you money and time for more important things like riding. Good luck eitherway.

I'd probably just leave it alone, since the bike looks to be in great condition. Around here the resale value of a good condition stock bike is much higher, then an altered bike, even with the Barbie colors. The only thing I'd maybe do, is buy black fork boots and put black skin on the seat. That alone would make it look more masculine, keep it fairly factory, and save you money and time for more important things like riding. Good luck eitherway.

" Amen Brother " I"d be proud just the way it sets, enjoy it.........

The factory decals come off easily with a heat gun. Black seat cover and your new black fork guards and you have white, black and a purple :thumbsup:

bikeb.jpg?t=1237651862

bike.jpg

A friend of mine painted his faded seat black with vinyl paint and it looked great for many years. You could also paint your fork protectors black too, and that would butch it up some more. Those two things would make it look better without painting all the plastics.

Nice to see that everybody is proficient in 'MS Paint'. Interesting.

Blue is the fastest!

Jason