Sign in to follow this  

SF prerun

thanks to Pab for keeping on eye on us on sat.

1. the highway from the military check south has at least 10 miles of dirt washboard. dusty and silty. PLEASE BE CAREFUL

2. race course to rm 12 is the the same old whoop fest

3. several good lines around 3 poles back to the main power lines

4. on bikes watch rocks after check 1

5. there was only one concrete was along the lake bed the was worth slowing for

6. the gradded road after morelia is very fast watch the first few turns

after the junction the come up fast, also watch to small washouts on the right side (they a pretty visible but with dust could getcha)

7. large wash out after turning off fast gradded road (go left around the tree stay wide and out of the silt and major drop)

8. baja pits to middle of matoami (rocks rocks and more rocks and some barbwire along the fence linejust after baja pits the fence was down and several strands were in the trail)

bike will have no problems getting thru but we did help a ktm that was over heating and made a tie rod for a quad guy (all this after spending 2 plus hours making a new road for our buggies)

9. bad whoops from 150 to 168

10. azufre is fast and has several faster lines do your homework here

11. several fast lines after making the right at the top of azufre

12. honda line is now legal but stay right at the top or you will be making a new trail for your self

13. watch for several bad g outs at the to of huatamote in the sand dunes picked up a biker and a quad rider( both were shaken but not baddly hurt) started the ktm for the bike guy and fixed the tie rod one the quad(the quad was leaking fuel on the header the guy said he started the day like that. one word WOW how can you take off on a ride like that with a fuel leak.

14. couple tight areas in huatamote but nothing to slow a bike

15. coming out of huatamote to the hill there are several good lines

16. carefull after making the sweeping left at the rock pile (goes from fast hard packed to soft whoops (found another quad guy laid out in the bushes)

17. the next 10 mile to the finish need to be major prerun several line the will makeup good time

18. carefull in the dump coming back in theres a good jump and lots of trash for flats.

have fun and stay safe.

and to the guy who gave me a neg rep for posting my prerun of the 1000 in san felipe I waited to prerun till the course was open just for you.

peace out

• Like 3

The lip on the finish jump is stupid steep. What are they thinking? Backflips maybe? Do yourselves a favor and roll that thing, unless you want to look like a fool crashing 100 yards from the finish.

I hope they shave that thing down a bit.

The lip on the finish jump is stupid steep. What are they thinking? Backflips maybe? Do yourselves a favor and roll that thing, unless you want to look like a fool crashing 100 yards from the finish.

I hope they shave that thing down a bit.

So there's a jump near the finish now? Is there one off the start like last year?

So there's a jump near the finish now? Is there one off the start like last year?

No, there isn't a jump off the start (unless they put one to jump over Zoo Road). The finish jump is about 100-200 yards before the actual finish line.

The lip on the finish jump is stupid steep. What are they thinking? Backflips maybe?

looks like they put something special in for Ox.:p