Sign in to follow this  

MRD exhaust?

I have the standard MRD system on my stock 08 SM that's been rejetted and 3x3'd, and it is awesome.

If I was a racer or even a good rider, bet I'd be in line for the monster motor and SSW/MRD system, but I am comfortable with the facts - that stuff is out of my league. After 4,500 miles I don't even feel like I need to upgrade the carb. yet.

ssw/mrd on an ssw built 470.

if you never plan to go big bore & stroke, the standard mrd, yosh rs-2, yosh rs-3 or muzzy will be enough.

the ssw/mrd was designed for the big bore & stroked motors. it is equivelant to the yosh ti which was rumored to have been discontinued, but is still around for some big $.

that's what i've read here

ssw/mrd on an ssw built 470.

if you never plan to go big bore & stroke, the standard mrd, yosh rs-2, yosh rs-3 or muzzy will be enough.

the ssw/mrd was designed for the big bore & stroked motors. it is equivelant to the yosh ti which was rumored to have been discontinued, but is still around for some big $.

that's what i've read here

That is what Dave told me today. I just wanted to see who is running what out there.

That is what Dave told me today. I just wanted to see who is running what out there.

i have the standard MRD on my 07 with cylinder works BB kit,hotcams and FCR... i bought it right before the SSW edition came out but i am not disappointed in the performance . it's worlds better than the stock pipe and not "too" loud..... that being said i would like to try the SSW just to see how much difference there would be between the two....i'm guessing a few HP but so far what i dont know aint hurtin' me :p

ride well,

Frank

I ordered the standard MRD pipe last week. I was going to order the SSW, but after speaking to Dave I realized I did not really need it. I don't ever plan on stroking or going big on the bore, I'm just going to re-jet, do the 3x3, and change the air filter. I'm glad I spoke with him, he's a stand up guy, anyplace else probably would sell you the more expensive pipe that I really didn't need. He took the time and explained why I didn't need the SSW.

I ordered the standard MRD pipe today

You won't be dissapointed. Dave does awsome work.

i've just turned 620 miles on my k7, time for the first service, then its fun time, got the ssw on order and its due anytime now:banana: , i'e been on sports bikes for 20 years now and have just discovered the sm thing, and its awsome fun, so i'm going ssw option as i know from experience when you start modding you cannot stop looking for the next HP (smile) gain, so by this time next year the k7 will be a monster (i hope)

i've just turned 620 miles on my k7, time for the first service, then its fun time, got the ssw on order and its due anytime now:banana: , i'e been on sports bikes for 20 years now and have just discovered the sm thing, and its awsome fun, so i'm going ssw option as i know from experience when you start modding you cannot stop looking for the next HP (smile) gain, so by this time next year the k7 will be a monster (i hope)

I seem to be in that same boat. Just ordered mine this morning. Got the carb yesterday. Can't wait:thumbsup:

same here...taking it in this week for the first service, and then my SSW/MRD should be here this week....

05 SM

big bore

Hotcams

FCR41

SSW/MRD

I did all of that at once

Felt like a completely different bike.