Sign in to follow this  

Kenda K760s (Trackmasters) after 3,000 miles

Just thought I'd share this with all the WRR people looking for tires. I put these on at 800 miles, and now have 3,950 on the bike. I bought these because I needed a more dirt friendly tire, and they were perfect for that. Shortly after buying these I decided I would commute on the wrr to work (60mi round trip) to save on gas. So, after ~3,000 miles on the freeway and maybe 5 trips to OHV areas, this is how they're doing:

k760_1.jpg

k760_2.jpg

k760_3.jpg

They are completely shot. Still, I have to say I'd recommend this tire for anyone looking to use it for its intended purpose of 50/50, rather than my 99 on road/1 offroad blend.

Just ordered a set of K761s today, I figure they may suit my needs a little better, hah.

And here's a bonus pic from the 900 mile round trip adventure I took the little wrr on this weekend:

ucsc_09_17.jpg

Rode 400 miles up to santa cruz on friday, 100 adventuring around saturday, and 400 miles back sunday.

ucsc_09_17.jpg

I like that look. Did you paint your side panels and exhaust shield or are black ones available?

That's spray on truck bed liner :p

I like the non-glossy, textured results bed liner gives. With the proper prep the stuff sticks to anything.

That's spray on truck bed liner :p

I like the non-glossy, textured results bed liner gives. With the proper prep the stuff sticks to anything.

Interesting... Thanks for the info.

Coolness... thanks for this info with pics.

BTW... I see you're in CA... and that your Evap canister is removed. Did you remove it yourself? How simple is it to do?

I'm potentially formulating plans to save-up for a WRR, with the intention of wanting it barely legal... so ditchin' the canister with be the very 1st thing for me.

With the proper prep the stuff sticks to anything.

and its damn near impossible to get off your hands. :)

good looking bike btw

BTW... I see you're in CA... and that your Evap canister is removed. Did you remove it yourself? How simple is it to do?

I'm potentially formulating plans to save-up for a WRR, with the intention of wanting it barely legal... so ditchin' the canister with be the very 1st thing for me.

Yeah a couple vacuum caps and some new tubing for the tank vent and you're all set.

Hey guys your gonna have to pardon my ignorance but, what the heck is an EVAP canister??

Thanks!