Sign in to follow this  

Senator Patty Murray D-Washington response

Wow, I got me a real nice canned reply from her when I emailed her about the consumer protection safety council ruling on lead in kids toys, ie OHV's and this is what I got back:

Dear Mr. "toyota_mdt_tech":

Thank you for contacting me about off highway vehicle restrictions. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, this issue falls largely under state and local, rather than federal, jurisdiction. Consequently, I encourage you to contact your Washington State and local elected officials about this particular matter.

Your input is very important to me. In order for me to best serve the interests of the people of Washington State, it is absolutely necessary that I know your opinions and hear your ideas. I hope you will contact me again about the issues you care about, or if you feel I can ever be of assistance to you.

Hope all is well in [___________] <my home town

Patty's staff really missed the boat on that one, wonder what else they can't do.

Why am I not surprised by the response, or lack there of I should say.

I contacted Cantwell's office in DC reguarding the lead issue I was sent to the "voice mail" of the guy who know's about "that stuff". Well three weeks and counting, no call.:p

I also contacted and E mailed directly my Rep. Congressman Baird, no response back yet, two weeks and counting.:ride:

I get the feeling that our elected officals are not listening, we need to make them listen.

We should all send a post card to thier office in D.C. maybe send a pic of our kid's riding or NOT riding, let's flood thier office with post card's.

I have it on good info this works:thumbsup:

Patty's staff really missed the boat on that one, wonder what else they can't do.

Everything and anything.

Murray and Co. suck everytime and all the time. :p

(no worries - her chief of staff has my home number and I always welcome the next reeming :ride: )

It is not unusual to get a canned reply thanking you for your organization's support when you sent a certified letter strongly opposing her position.

(think Wild Sky, Roadless area act, etc).

These people are above the law and treat all noncompliant constituants with contempt or abject disregard.

I was shocked she and her staff thinks this is a state issue. Last time i checked, the ban on OHV's was federal. Are they even paying attention?

This just showed up today. I emailed all my representives about 2 weeks ago. I cant even believe this stupid law is still in place.

She has no idea what is going on in Washington DC, right under her nose, and she also has no idea what is going on in her own home state. This is even after the thousands of emails sent to her from residents regarding this issue. So it appears neither her staff or herself have even looked into this matter or have any idea what its all about. What a cool job, get paid about $187,000 a year (for life also when you leave office) and you dont even need to really have a clue, just an auto replier set up to send back canned emails appearing like they are from her. Oh, you need to show up for all photo ops any chance you get to give the appearance/impression you are up to speed and doing the peoples work.

Are they even paying attention?

Not to you :moon:

Did you send a check? :moon:

If not why should you expect her to care :p

PS - I do not like her :ride:

I just got a message from the AMA to urge our senators to vote no on this Omnibus spending bill. Apparently is closes about 2.1 million acres for us offroaders. (http://www.savethetrails.us/Default.aspx?PetitionID=31) and I see my famous senator Parry Murray has a 39 million dollar earmark in the bill, so the chances of her voting now on this bill is probably zilch.